Question Turbo For '99 V70XC AWD--which one-- 13G, 13T, 15G or 16T???

I need to replace the turbo on my '99 V70XC AWD automatic with the 2.4 L engine (code B5254T). I am getting conflicting answers as to which turbo is correct--the Mitsubishi TD04HL-13G or the 13T? According to one dealer the Volvo OEM part code is 8601692 which should be the 13T but I've found the same part code with a 13G. What's the difference? And can I upgrade only the turbo to a more higher performance unit without having to do any modifications? I've been told I can do a 15G or 16T. The problem is to make sure the flange angles are the same. How can I tell if I have a straight or angled flange BEFORE pulling the turbo out?--so I know what to buy and minimize down-time? Does anyone know a really good rebuilder if I find a decent used unit (no cracks, etc...)? And how about a tuner?? THANKS VERY MUCH!

13g was earlier AWD/LPT models.

13T should be '99 angle flange outlet.

I used a 16T on my LPT motor, but you need a really need a tune. Using the stock map is asking for trouble with the substantial increase in power.

There is no reason to remove the wastegate housing - the turbo's separate with a band clamp.

This is the cartridge where the bearings are located: (not the arrow area, that is pointing to the oil pressure port)

It is a simple procedure to rebuild a turbo, and the mitsubishi kits are about 70 bucks on ebay.

The piston ring that actually stops the oil from dumping in the exhaust is set in the rearmost groove here:

'98 V70XC/446AWHP/347WTq / M66 AWD/ Built RN Motor/ Dual VVT head/Enem Cams/TurboTuner ECU/1000cc injectors/ LGSpeed Header/ Custom Intake Manifold/PTE 6262bb + 3" DP/ FMIC/ Water Injection/ 3" intake pipe/ Greddy BOV/ Apexi AVC-R /Column 3-pod: AEM AFR meter/ Dual Boost/Pyrometer/ IPD Sways/ IPD endlinks/ Kaplhenke AWD Suspension/ 18" Motegi 116/ IPD BBK/ Rear Custom BBK/ 3" dual 14834 Magnaflows/ EST H/L's/ SharpHID Hi/Lo&Fogs 4500K/60-100 in 4.3sec 1/4 mile 110mph

THANKS! So I can use the 16T on my motor? Again, is the flange angled or straight on mine and how do I tell without tearing it down? Where do you suggest for a good tune to handle the increased power?

Yours should be angle flange already, but as I said, it doesn't matter, since you don't need to pull the whole turbo.

Tunes for 99- require software loaders -look at IPD for one resource - it ain't cheap, though.

'98 V70XC/446AWHP/347WTq / M66 AWD/ Built RN Motor/ Dual VVT head/Enem Cams/TurboTuner ECU/1000cc injectors/ LGSpeed Header/ Custom Intake Manifold/PTE 6262bb + 3" DP/ FMIC/ Water Injection/ 3" intake pipe/ Greddy BOV/ Apexi AVC-R /Column 3-pod: AEM AFR meter/ Dual Boost/Pyrometer/ IPD Sways/ IPD endlinks/ Kaplhenke AWD Suspension/ 18" Motegi 116/ IPD BBK/ Rear Custom BBK/ 3" dual 14834 Magnaflows/ EST H/L's/ SharpHID Hi/Lo&Fogs 4500K/60-100 in 4.3sec 1/4 mile 110mph