Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

And just who the hell are you to talk to me like that? I get really tired of your condescending, aggressive and snarky attitude to other members of this and other boards.

I will admit that you may be right about the front wheel bearings, I only priced rear bearings thinking they would be similar, and not wanting to spend hours tracking parts down. However, there was no need to be smartass in your reply. Just point out the mistake and be done with it. That's what a normal person would do. You degrade the level of conversation in this board and drive new members away with your constantly insulting attitude. I've seen you effectively call brand new members stupid for asking questions. I've seen you end what could have been a productive thread by making insulting remarks to someone who simply asked a question you didn't like. I wonder that the owners of the board don't have a talk with you about hurting their business and keeping their membership down.

For the other parts, the prices are real, and not even the cheapest available. Try rockauto.
    Last edited by instarx; 10-21-2008 at 10:26 AM.
    2000 V70 XC SE
    165,000 miles and runs great.
    Total repair costs over last 65 months: $720 (about 1.5 car payments);
    Best single tank mileage ever: 32.8; Average mileage: 22.2; City: 18

Because you give someone (with authority), some off the wall prices that are so far out of line it's not funny.
    Then this guy may run out and try to find them and has a rude awakening.
    Be more careful or just don't post stuff that's so very wrong and I won't post back...that wasn't even close, I buy this crap all the time, I know what they cost.
    With due dilligence one may be able to find them cheaper,
    not 250% cheaper!

You don't get off that easy. The point is not whether I was right or wrong - the point is the way you address other members on this board. If you want to correct me that's fine, but the sarcastic nasty insults are not fine. You may buy parts all the time, you may sell used Volvos, you may BE an expert, but that does not give you the right to insult other members of this board. You made a mistake recently on the TRACS system which I politely pointed out, and I expect the same consideration from you. I don't care if you post comments to my posts, in fact I WANT you to, you're a knowledgable guy - but I do not expect insults and nastiness.

And to keep this post on-topic, my prices were at least as right as your prices. The hub assembly retails at $130 at rockauto. That's not $60, but neither is it $180. The other two prices are completely accurate and not even the cheapest that were available.

And BTW, you made a mistake in your arithmatic: 60 vs 180 would be 65% cheaper, not 250%.
    Last edited by instarx; 10-22-2008 at 04:59 AM.
    2000 V70 XC SE

Deal with it, you get the bad with the good

Fellas, fellas, fellas,

I appreciate the help, let's just all try and get along.

With the money I'm going to save from BOTH of your comments I'll buy 3 pints of Guinness so we bury the hatchet.

As someone who wishes they had the mechanic's gene, this forum will continue to be key for me.
    "We were on the roof of America and all we could do was yell, I guess--across the night..."
    --
    1999 Volvo V70 XC AWD

--
    PAST:
    1995 850 Turbo Wagon (150,000mi.)
    1988 740 Wagon (166,000)
    1980 240 Wagon (189,000)

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    Deal with it, you get the bad with the good
    JRL: I am dealing with it. That's the point of calling you on it.

PHISH VT: Sorry you got in the middle of this cat fight, and you are right - it's over as far as I am concerned, but...grrrr, grrrr, grrrr.

Can I substitute a Belgian Leffe beer for the Guinness? Let us know how the repairs go.
    Last edited by instarx; 10-23-2008 at 08:23 AM.
    2000 V70 XC SE

All set, $200 give or take the tax.

The caliper was in fact fine and the HUB (bearings) was fried my indy Volvo man told me...

Thanks again for the help.
    "We were on the roof of America and all we could do was yell, I guess--across the night..."
    --
    1999 Volvo V70 XC AWD

--
    PAST:
    1995 850 Turbo Wagon (150,000mi.)
    1988 740 Wagon (166,000)
    1980 240 Wagon (189,000)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12