Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Smile Hydrogen Generator!!!!

If you want to improve the performance and gas economy of your Volvo XC then I highly recommend to install a hydrogen generator from hydrofuelsolutions.com

This is by far the most advanced hydrogen generator system that is available anywhere, along with the best technical support. I have seen an increase of 4.2 mpg with this system and it has solved the infamous rough idle problem found on all 5 cylinder Volvo's. You will find that this generator will completely clean your intake system, fuel injectors and cylinder walls. Performance and drivability has increased so to such degree that I feel as if my ECU was chipped by a IPD upgrade. Your emissions will be cleaned and reduced by almost 75%! If your concern for the environment is paramount, then please consider installing this Hydro Super II generator.
    I have been trying to improve the performance, gas mileage and rough idle problem for almost 3 years with my XC, and this is the best system that actually solves the problem! I have cleaned my ETM, PVC, fuel injectors, engine mounts and replaced most of my sensors, as well getting the software upgrades for my XC with minimal improvements.

Do not hesitate to look at this system and see merits that it has to offer. I modified the original system to meet the Volvo XC engine bay conditions and would be willing to share my experiences of installation and modifications.

All hydrogen generators require a flushing about every two weeks and each XC vehicle will require a O2 extender and a MAS/IAS adjustment unit to maximize fuel economy, so please consider this before you purchase any hydrogen system and the extra maintenance that is required for your XC.

I am not a dealer, or anyway connected to Hydro Super II, But just an extremely satisfied customer that wants to extend the use of my Volvo XC (113,00miles) as long as possible. this in not a fluke and will really improve the drivability of your XC as well as being better stewards of our environment!

I hope that all of my fellow XC owners will understand if you are a "Volvo for Life", then we need to make this positive change, now!
    Last edited by coastal; 06-28-2008 at 07:55 AM.

I repeat, BS!
    '11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

OK, I have a couple of questions on this being just a wee bit skeptical not so much on the idea of H2 injection but on the overall cost savings and mileage benefits.

Firstly, where did you mount all this kit? The XC is pretty tight under the hood and this thing looks to be of fair size. I just put on a Magnefine yesterday and have the cuts and bruises to prove it. I'm trying to picture where I could mount a 12in long cylinder with what space I have left.

Secondly, what is the consumption rate of the "mix"? Distilled H2O and vinegar aren't free either and if you use it up fairly quickly it wouldn't be the greatest for some of us who drive distance in remote areas (yeah, I know I could carry a case in the back, but...) You also mention that the unit needs flushed every couple of weeks. Is that a time or mileage thing and if the latter after how many miles does it need cleaned. Also if you use the KOH-based mix, that stuff is caustic and would be a disposal issue also.

Finally, and I'm sure there are other questions out there beyond these, you state that you have seen a 4mpg improvement. Have you seen this improvement consistently and over how many miles? That is, how long have you been running this thing. Also what about any power improvements?

Frankly, I'm a bit intrigued by the idea, but jeez the outfit's website just doesn't present a picture of a commercial outfit. I know you should not judge on that but they do not have any pictures of their products that are big enough to actually see how they are put together. It has a certain potential scam element to it and they need some work on their presentation.

So as a suggestion, if you want to promote this thing amongst the XC folks, how about posting some pics of your setup and install as well as some more info on your mileage claims.

Thanks,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

I counted no less than 25 misspelled words or grammar mistakes on the product page (my favorite..."Use of this product is classed as expermental...) but I'm sure he has a solid understanding of science.
    Last edited by coastal; 06-28-2008 at 07:56 AM.
    2001 Volvo V70XC
    Venitian Red/Beige
    Cold Weather/Touring/Premium packages
    08/01 Build Date

I've just retired after 30 years in IT and I'm afraid that mis-spelling and bad grammar are what the world has come to thanks to "technology". But it also shows a couple of things that relate to the proper presentation of a product and/or idea. One, it shows a lack of attention to the details and second, a lack of understanding of the tools available. I can't spell either but I have tools that check the spelling even of this posting. It is kind of nit-picking but it you are going to ask folks to hand over $400 to an "experimental" concept, at least look like you are literate and have a professional presentation of your product.
    Western Head, NS CDN

'02 V70XC-gone @393K kms

I was just taking the long way around to second what Budrichard said.
    2001 Volvo V70XC
    Venitian Red/Beige
    Cold Weather/Touring/Premium packages
    08/01 Build Date

Well.....yeah, maybe.

You know, gasoline engine technology is actually pretty efficient in regards to weight and energy potential per unit (gallons, litres, etc.) versus work produced. You would have thought that if something as simple as running current thru a tank of water (and something to increase its conductivity) would produce a significant improvement in that efficiency, the OEMs would have grabbed it by now. Way simpler than things like bi-fuel, E85 or hybrid technologies. Not to say there isn't room for new inventions but this one has been around for years; and there is always room for a scam.
    Western Head, NS CDN

'02 V70XC-gone @393K kms

I'm intrigued as well. I've researched it and you can find a lot on youtube. Heres a link with pretty detailed instructions to building one yourself if you're so inclined. I wouldn't send a dime for one of these devices over the internet unless it has a proven track record. You could lose money on the device and one the repairs. However, even though I am a skeptic, I would welcome the opprtunity to be proven wrong.:

http://fuel-efficient-vehicles.org/F...-build-one.php

A few flags did crop up in my research, like how will an aluminum engine block handle the excess temperatures? How about the spark plugs? And, How will the injectors handle the moisture over time? Will they rust?

I went to the website and as near as I can tell this device is supposed to produce hydrogen and oxygen by separating water into its component elements with electricity produced by the cars engine and then injecting the gases into the fuel system on the engine. The only way this could work is if the efficiency of the engine is increased markedly.

Energy comes to the car in the form of gasoline. Taking some of that energy to produce hydrogen and oxygen from water and then burning those gases cannot increase the energy available from the gas and in fact will decrease the energy available for conversion to movement of the car because any such process cannot be 100% efficient, let alone increase the energy available.

I don't believe that the efficience of the internal combustion engine can be increased by this process. In these days of $4-5 gas there will me many more of these schemes.
    Wait Griswold
    2003 XC70
    South Lake Tahoe, CA

the infamous rough idle problem found on all 5 cylinder Volvo's
    ????????????? These are some of the smoothest five cylinder engines there are in this world !!

Dave.
    Our Most Probable Fate Is Death !!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast