Default new tires for '04 xc70

The Pirelli Scorpion STRs that came with my '04 xc70 are worn down (36K miles). Anybody have any good recommendations for replacements? I'm looking for something year-round that will perform well on the occasional ski trip to Tahoe, and will last a bit longer than the Pirellis. A Volvo dealership in Sacramento strongly recommends Michelin HydroEdges. Anybody have any experience with these?

Take a look at the Nokian line of tires. If you search this forum you will find several postings on the subject of tires.

I put the Nokians on my 03 xc70 and they have been the best tire I have run. They are excellent in snow for driving the passes and handle the wet roads here in Seattle with ease. I will need to change them soon but they have worn well I have approximately 55000 miles on them. The Nokian tire has been a better tire than the Pirelli Scorpions on my car.

Morrie

The Michellans are a great tire. I had them on my car and did a great job. Long wearing only thing is when they got a little worn, not so good in the snow....

Jake

Default Second the Nokian's

I got a set of the "WR"'s about 2 1/2 years ago and with about 30k miles on them they are still going strong. Great wear, quiet, and very good traction in snow (rated as a full snow tire but great for year round). They aren't cheap, but if you looking at Michelin you're in the same price range.
    1999 V70 XC Dark Blue/Taupe - Gas/Auto Trans. with Nokian WRG2s 205/65/15
    2002 Acura TL White/Tan