Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Imported post

Today was a good day. It was white everywhere. Haven't seen this kinda stuff around since back last March/April in Norway after picking up our XC70 from FDC.

The XC70 sure showed its colors especially going icy downhill stetches. The ABS and AWD was working overtime. It was also a good chance to coax the DSTC into action and see that flickering orange triangle at work. The ABS is quite uncanny in its operation and pulses the brake pedal nicely to let you know it's trying/working hard for you.

Had a chance to check out the W button as well -- worked beautifully.

The 17 mile run back to home from the office was done in comfort and without me feeling stressed that I wouldn't make it. I even passed up my last turn up the hill to my house to make the trip a little longer to buy some groceries in case the weather turned really bad -- at least this was my excuse to 'she who must be obeyed . Hmmm -- they are forecasting freezing rain tonight.

It was a good day.  
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

Today is a good day indeed.  Barry, we're practically neighbors, I'm in Kenmore.  

I worked from home today because of the weather but I managed to get to the grocery store to pick up some "much needed" bread. To be honest, I was a little disappointed.  I car performed flawlessly.  I hit the brakes and the ABS kicked in right away to produce a gental controlled stop.  I made a complete stop on the side of a hill, hit the gas, wheels spun for about 1/2 a sec then I was powering up the hill.  All this without the "W".  Took a corner a little too fast the broke the tail end loose a little bit (no DSTC) but the car quickly came back under control.

I loved the car and the fact that it is so boring .  Now I can focus on where I'm going.
    Silver/Graphite - Premium and Touring
    Front & Rear mud flaps - Wing Profile crossbars
    GNS (Garmin Navigation System - 2610)
    Yakima Platinum Pro cargo top.

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (barrysharp @ Jan. 06 2004,19:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Today was a good day. It was white everywhere. Haven&#39;t seen this kinda stuff around since back last March/April in Norway after picking up our XC70 from FDC.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I talked to a friend in Bellingham and they are house-bound until the ice melts. Good thing they&#39;re retired. People in Portland and throughout the normally rainy areas were panicking.

White stuff is a big reason we moved to the Oregon snow zone. Love it. Probably helps explain why there are so many Volvos here, too&#33;
    '04 XC90 2.5T, ~170K miles, ash gold/graphite, 7-seater, towing, nav
    "Objects in the mirror may be just as they appear." - Steve Forbert

Default Imported post

I saw video on the news showing an SUV spinning and sliding down a Seattle hill. &nbsp;Not sure an XC70 would have done any better under those conditions, but it was sure entertaining to watch (especially after it was clear that no one was injured). &nbsp;The anchor quipped &quot;imagine what it would be like if it snowed in San Francisco.&quot;

Sometimes staying home is the best idea, even if you need a loaf of bread.
    On the road: Black/Taupe Leather 2004 V70 AWD with Premium and Touring Packages, HU-803 AudioMax, and Xenon Headlamps
    Formerly: Box-Stock 2003 XC70 White/Taupe Leather with Premium and Touring Packages and HU-803 AudioMax (Dec 03-Jan 04)

Default Imported post

Walked downtown this morning and snapped these shots at one of our many roundabouts. From a low of -1 F the other night, it was 15 F last night and then rose 15 degrees in 2 hours this morning. Major slush very soon, yuck&#33; It was nice while it was cold.

Default Imported post

I am very impressed by the cleanliness of those two vehicles. &nbsp;Just about everything around here is salt-encrusted these days. &nbsp;
    On the road: Black/Taupe Leather 2004 V70 AWD with Premium and Touring Packages, HU-803 AudioMax, and Xenon Headlamps
    Formerly: Box-Stock 2003 XC70 White/Taupe Leather with Premium and Touring Packages and HU-803 AudioMax (Dec 03-Jan 04)

Default Imported post

Hey Big,

Just reading this forum and saw your photos. &nbsp;I recognize the round-a-bout. We appear to live in the same general neighborhood.

We&#39;ve just finished completing the order w/Smolich for an XC70 for OSD in March. &nbsp;Seriously considered the XC90, but in the end the 70 won out. &nbsp;

How many miles do you have on your 90?

ORGramps
    &#39;04 XC70 March OSD-Crystal Green/Taupe, Premium, Touring, DSTC, Load Levelers, Auto-dim Mirrors, HU803, Wood Steering.

Default Imported post

Barry, how&#39;s the R in the snow? &nbsp;Are you running snows on the R or leaving the summer tires on and leaving it in the garage when the weather turns cold &amp; snowy?

2005 XC70 Barents Blue & Taupe leather, deliv. 12/04, built 11/04
    Prem / Conv / Climate / DSTC / NAV / 650 / Sirius / 60/40 / 3rd Row / Boosters / Thule / Weathertech mats / Mud Flaps / 46% Tint / Nokian WR SUVs

serviced by Red Bank Volvo, NJ & Volvo Westport, CT
    2001 V70XC~someone else's problem vehicle now
    VolvoClub ofAmerica

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ORGramps @ Jan. 14 2004,15:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just reading this forum and saw your photos. I recognize the round-a-bout. We appear to live in the same general neighborhood.

We&#39;ve just finished completing the order w/Smolich for an XC70 for OSD in March. Seriously considered the XC90, but in the end the 70 won out.

How many miles do you have on your 90?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Small world. Lots of XCs in the neighborhood&#33; The 90 has 11k. Enjoy Sweden in March. Should be good skiing. The Swedish Vasaloppet race is 3/7 and the Norwegian Birkebeiner is 3/20. Just in case you like a little exercise. &nbsp;

Default Imported post

Big,

We&#39;ll arrive on March 11th and may be there yet on the 20th. &nbsp;I love to XC tour - short distances, 5-10 miles, so at best might be an observer at the Norwegian Birkebeiner. &nbsp;

We are still getting plans in place for where to go and how long to stay.

ORGramps - Rex &nbsp; &nbsp;
    &#39;04 XC70 March OSD-Crystal Green/Taupe, Premium, Touring, DSTC, Load Levelers, Auto-dim Mirrors, HU803, Wood Steering.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast