Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

In Canada, a MY2005 XC70 should cost you anywhere from $27'000 to $29'000 depending on milage. Also depends on $$$ options: DTSC, bi-xenon headlights, navigation sytem, third row seat, and integrated booster seats.

http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/detai...6&adid=6762826 - it has 71k on it and is listed for $29k.

Canadian XC70's come with the basic 4 year/80'000km bumper-bumper warranty. Anything beyond that could be the Volvo extended warranty which is actually an outsourced third-party Canadian company.

Thumbs up Sold!

Just to follow up, I have officially become an XC70 owner (or at least I will when I pick it up on Friday). We negotiated a good price for the Titanium edition MY05. The car is in great shape so no worries, hopefully. I also got them to flush the ATF, thanks to reading a lot of posts on this forum. After only 57,000 km it was looking a little dark. My independent mechanic suggests flushing every 2 years, as well as other regular fluid preventive maintenance. I tend to baby my cars somewhat .

Thanks for all the advice. I look forward to learning a lot on this forum.

Paul

Default Titanium?

Congrats on the new wheels. So what's a Titanium Edition? Is that only in Canada?

I don't know if it was just for Canada or all of NA, but they offered a Titanium and Black Sapphire editions in MY05 which had a mixed bag of options and accessories. My Titanium has a titanium grey exterior with graphite leather interior, bi-xenon headlights, premium sound system, parking assist, booster seats, power passenger seat and folding mirrors, and sunroof. There are a few other bells and whistles like cupholders and Homelink. The dealership stated it had DSTC, but when he showed me the specs for the 05 MY, this was only offered as part of the Sport Package with 4-C active chassis. Being somewhat ticked off at this mistake, I got them to at least throw in the cargo tray.

I have to say it is taking a little getting used to, as I feel like I am driving a (very luxurious) tank compared to the Outback Impreza, and the comfort chassis is a lot softer than I am used to. I have always had Japanese cars which are very tight in handling and suspension. The dealer reset the transmission to "learn" my driving habits, and I am being very gentle as recommended in this forum.

I will be watching for issues as I drive it the next few weeks and tap into the collective experience of this group if needed.

Paul
    05 XC70 Titanium Edition
    2012 BMW X1
    2002 Subaru Outback Sport (retired)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12