Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Imported post

Thank you, will hold a stock with me now, look out! XC owners in the UK

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Default Imported post

Tagged this newer Alberta XC during a recent paddling trip to Barkley Sound, B.C. That's when I noticed that his/her plate frame came from the same dealership. Cool.

Default Imported post

I committed the ultimate sin today and posted my first flyer on the screen of another fellow driver. I hope he was not offended nor did he just throw it away, Who knows, maybe one day he will join us for some more input.

Cool

I've been tagging XCs all over the US, some select UK locations, Amsterdam, and @ home in Whistler, but have yet to see a post from anyone who says "hey, I just found this neato URL under my wiper, and just had to check in with you folks".
    So maybe we should just give it up?
    Commander Bob
    V70XC 2002 /Nautic /Graphite/All the Canuck Standard Pkg. stuff +Premium Pkg. +Rear Skid +Rear Spoiler +F/R mudguards +Gibbons-approved Nokian WR boots +attitude

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Same story here cbob...though admitedly my 'tags' lack the global reach that yours do!
    Despite the setback, I'll continue the quest until I hit paydirt. Who knows...maybe these folks are just shy.

Default Beat this!

I 'tagged' a cop and guess what, he is now a member.

Not just a flyer tag, but in this day and age of the internet I 'internet tagged' a guy on his web site and now he has joined. I saw his photo of his XC in Police colors and it looks mighty fine.

Welcome to our site K9 SWEDEN

I hope you can give us some insite on how your XC might differ from ours and some more shots of how your force places equipment in the car.

BTW love your web site

Question Guess what I found today

There, totally unaware and ready to have some breakfast at a gas station in Lillehammer, I spotted them. Red numberplates and a big S in the back. OSD'ers.

So I walked over and ended up asking them (family of 4 from California) if they ever heard of VolvoXC.com. They hadn't, but they sure have now and a flyer to remember the URL when they get home.

After 5 min of chat I invited them to a outdoor service we where going to at a "moutain farm" (Called sæter in Norway). Of we went 50min up to a lovely place in perfect weather. Had a good time for a while, and of they went to find some Norwegian "Fjord's" . Wish them all the best on their trip and welcome them here at VolvoXC.com when they get back home. (pls PM or email me if you find this posting )

Lined up after a good chat and they were ready to hit the road again.

How do we get to those "Fjord's" and wich one is the best? Some advice handed over before departure.

To the left a building from early 1800 used to make cheese, butter etc. Outhouse to the right. View is SSE towards Lillehammer.

View towards SE with corner of mainbuilding built as log cabin early 1800's

(Sure wish I had the Nikon D70 I'm planning to buy today!)

PS Tyler, how about those Flyer in Norwegian in PDF format?
    Last edited by XC70Viking; 08-08-2004 at 02:01 PM.
    2004 XC70 D5 Mistral Green Metalic delivered on 24th february -04,
    and volvoXC.com sticker is in its place....
    XC70Viking's album

Very cool to hear about the successes with the flyers, hope to see everyone here on the forums

XC70Viking, can you send me the Norwegian translation of the flyer again? I seem to have misplaced the file and totally forgot about getting it done.. [email protected]. Once I get the file I'll get it up on the site asap. Sorry bout that.

Also, did you take a look at the roof ribs they have installed on their roof? I haven't seen another XC with them and I beleive that's a Volvo accessory. Seems like a good idea aside from the extra care needed when washing

Also planning on creating a new navigation for the forums that matches more closely with the rest of the site.. this will include links to important pages such as the flyers and window decals... I don't really like having all those topics pinned to the top of the page as I think most people tend to ignore them after a few visits.
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Cool Roof Ribs

Quote Originally Posted by coastal
    Also, did you take a look at the roof ribs they have installed on their roof? I haven't seen another XC with them and I beleive that's a Volvo accessory. Seems like a good idea aside from the extra care needed when washing
    Shame they bought the last production MY04, The ribs are now standard on all MY05 XC70's. Maybe Volvo 'gave' them to them as it was one of the last of the porduction line.

Norwegian Flyer now available here: http://www.volvoxc.com/flyers/volvox...gian_flyer.pdf

And for reference, English Flyer available here:
    http://www.volvoxc.com/flyers/volvoxc.com-flyer.pdf

Cheers!
    Taylor.
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast