PDA

View Full Version : North West Meet

Pages : [1] 2

North Coast XC
06-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Greetings all. I've been away from this forum for some time and have moved to the Similkameen Valley in BC. Some of you may remember me from the 2003 (I think) Northwest meet.

Any interest from those in the northwest to travel from lower mainland, through Hope to Princeton and beyond to a wine tour in the Okanagan in late summer (mid to late September)?

Cheers

coastal
06-23-2006, 08:01 PM
That's funny, Art and I were just talking about holding a get together earlier this afternoon seeing as this site's 5th year anniversary is coming up June 27th

Figured it was notice was a bit too short to hold something for that, so I suggested exactly what you're proposing... Something in September. To add, your route is just what I was thinking... Who else is interested? I know you're out there :D

http://www.volvoxc.com/volvo_photo_gallery/albums/userpics/072602/normal_a04.jpg
http://www.volvoxc.com/volvo_photo_gallery/albums/userpics/2003pnw/normal_MGC%20XC70%20outing%20027.jpg
http://www.volvoxc.com/volvo_photo_gallery/albums/userpics/2004pnw/normal_DSC_2966.jpg

2005 didn't happen, let's make up for it!!!

Art
06-23-2006, 08:44 PM
A GTG in September sounds great guys! :cool: Would be nice to touch bases with some familiar and hopefully a few new faces. :)

Tubby’s Garage (http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/rp/tubbys.htm) just outside of Hope would have made a cool place to stop for lunch or a photo opp but unfortunately they’ve closed down. :(

barrysharp
06-24-2006, 09:44 AM
I'm good to go for a late Sept GTG. My brother from UK will be visiting during late Sep thru early Oct and this GTG would be a good opportunity to expose him to the Canadian lifestyle, Km, liters and the gorgeous Canadian scenery.

I haven't crossed border recently and wonder which is the best crossing point to avoid long waits - anyone have advice on this ?

Regards... Barry

John@CdnRockies
06-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Count me in assuming that we buy-out the Volvo at lease expiry. A long convoluted story boils down to my needing to log 18,000 kms in the coming 6 weeks to be eligible to buy-out the rig. Plans are already afoot for some lengthy journeys to meet the goal (Pender, California, Montreal should do it).

So a romp in BC would be no sweat! Assuming we achieve the mileage minimum, a very relaxed Faye and tired John will form part of the party.

John

cbob
06-25-2006, 04:08 PM
I'd be up for a meet!
September weather should be OK, and the winery idea might be a winner. A group of XCs cruising from tasting to tasting, loading up all those cargo spaces with cases of fine wines.
The mind boggles.

MGC
06-26-2006, 10:01 PM
Mid to late September is a great time for us. We were not able to make the last outing but count us in for this one. It sounds like alot of fun.

MGC
Morrie

Art
06-26-2006, 10:46 PM
I haven't crossed border recently and wonder which is the best crossing point to avoid long waits - anyone have advice on this ?

Barry,

Here’s a link that might be of help. It also contains a direct link to CBSA’s website (http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/general/times/menu-e.html) with respect to border wait times.

http://www.borderlineups.com/

Mid to late September is a great time for us. We were not able to make the last outing but count us in for this one. It sounds like alot of fun.

Sounds great Morrie! :cool:

Anyone else out there interested in a day or two of touring around some of B.C. finest vineyards? [thumbup]

North Coast XC
07-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Hello all

I did some "reconnaissance" work over the July long weekend; how terrible for me that I had to do some wine tasting in Osoyoos (boo hoo). A tasting trip through Osoyoos and area might be what the doctor ordered for our gathering.

Two very nice wineries in Osoyoos I'd recommend and will get in touch with (confirming everyones particiapation) are www.nkmipcellars.com and www.tinhorn.com.

Nk'Mip has a relatively new tasting building, golf course, condo development and cultural centre. It is operated by the Osoyoos Indian Band and is quite the winery if you haven't already been there. Tinhorn Creek sits atop a hill and their vinyard and have great view. Travel time from Princeton to Osoyoos is just under 2 hours. Along the route is Keremeos and their plentiful orchards (and possilbly a fall harvest stop). Then the scenic drive from Osoyoos to Penticton is about 1 hour. This might be the place to overnight.

Are people looking to overnight on this gathering? Penticton might be the place to stop. Also, we'd be more than willing to host a brunch in Princeton before we embark on the wine tour.

The next day perhaps Penticton to Kelowna which is 1.25 hours away. More wineries in Kelowna! Couple of wineries in Kelowna we like (good wine, great food and spectactular views) are: www.missionhillwinery.com and www.quailsgate.com Lunch at Quail's Gate "Old Vines Patio" would be good.

After a day in Kelowna and their plentiful wineries, people can get back to the lower mainland via the Coquihalla Connector to #5 to #3 and then #1 to Vancouver with a time of just over 5 hours; very good route and quick.

Travelling from lower mainland to Princeton is via Hope-Princeton highway #3 and takes approx. 3.5 hours from downtown Vancouver.

Cheers all,
Patrick

barrysharp
07-11-2006, 05:00 PM
North Coast XC:

Sounds great and thanks for doing the fun "reconnaissance" trip.

I would like to do this wine tasting meet between Sep 27 and Oct 11 if possible, and an overnight is AOK with me. However, whatever works for others will be fine also. Cheers.

coastal
07-18-2006, 11:50 AM
OK, first off we should probably finalized some dates... I'm thinking the September 30-October 1 weekend... That's a Saturday/Sunday for the full group gathering

To start, for those close to the Lower Mainland, I'm thinking to meet up in Vancouver sometime on Friday (the 29th) and make the drive to Kelowna from there. The Alberta crew and those from elsewhere can make their own plans on how and when to arrive in Kelowna. ;)

From there the actual event will start on Saturday morning and progress through Sunday afternoon.

That's all I have so far, deliberately vague so as to remain open to other suggestions :)

So who's in for those dates?

North Coast XC
07-18-2006, 07:08 PM
The dates work for me; the Okanagan Fall Wine Fest (www.owfs.com) will be on and it is the peak of harvesting season. Is there any interest in some of the organized festivities or shall we simply visit wineries at our leasure?

Starting in Kelowna is fine. Would the "drive" then go from there to Southern Okanagan (ie. Osoyoos), backwards from what I suggested?

I take it those from the lower mainland, Alberta and elsewhere would want to overnight in Kelowna? What are peoples budgets for rooms? I may be secure reduced rates at Manteo Resort (www.manteo.com) although the rates are high to begin with (likely in the $160 cdn range as still in peak season until Oct 31). Ther resort is quite nice and I've stayed there often.

There of course are a number of very good motels and some will be on semi-fall schedules. Let me know if there is interest in me pursuing accomodations for people.

As you can tell, with my proximity to the Okanagan, my frequent visits, familiarity and friends that live there, I am willing to do a lot of leg work if necessary.

Cheers (pun intended), :)
Patrick

coastal
07-20-2006, 01:21 PM
Sounds great Patrick!

Generally speaking, I'm willing to bet most would prefer to have a few rough plans and keep the schedule generally open to allow us the opportunity to play it by ear.

Some of my favorites are Burrowing Owl, Red Rooster, Mt Boucherie, Cedar Creek and Summerhill. I think on the Saturday, contrary to my suggestion to kick things off in Kelowna, I think instead we start in Osoyoos (nkmip is about as far South as we'd need to go),

That said, I'm modifying our plans to stay in Osoyoos Friday night, and will be ready to go bright and early Saturday morning.

Through Saturday, we can gradually make our way up to the various wineries til we reach the Penticton/Naramata area.

On Saturday, late afternoon we either proceed to Kelowna (indeed, Manteo would be a fine choice) or stay in Penticton. This is something we'd definitely want to decide on and reserve well ahead of time seeing as the Wine Festival is a big draw for the area.

Then from there, on Sunday hit the Naramata (if missed on Saturday) and Kelowna/West Bank wineries or again, just play it by ear.

Any further comments on the dates chosen... September 30-October 1?

coastal
07-20-2006, 03:31 PM
and some pics of our wine tour trip in 2001... :cool:

Red Rooster
http://www.volvoxc.com/volvo_photo_gallery/albums/01-okanagan/normal_Red%20Rooster%203.jpg
Summerhill
http://www.volvoxc.com/volvo_photo_gallery/albums/01-okanagan/normal_Summerhill%201.jpg

Mission Hill
http://www.volvoxc.com/volvo_photo_gallery/albums/01-okanagan/normal_mission%20hill%201.jpg

Tinhorn
http://www.volvoxc.com/volvo_photo_gallery/albums/01-okanagan/normal_tinhorn%201.jpg

Cedar Creek
http://www.volvoxc.com/volvo_photo_gallery/albums/01-okanagan/normal_Cedar%20Creek%203.jpg

Black Hills?
http://www.volvoxc.com/volvo_photo_gallery/albums/01-okanagan/normal_car%20dunno%20which%20vineyard.jpg

Kelowna
http://www.volvoxc.com/volvo_photo_gallery/albums/01-okanagan/normal_knox%20mountain%208.jpg

Osoyoos
http://www.volvoxc.com/volvo_photo_gallery/albums/01-okanagan/normal_Car%20Osoyoos%204.jpg

More here: http://www.volvoxc.com/volvo_photo_gallery/thumbnails.php?album=6&page=1
:)

Art
07-20-2006, 06:41 PM
I think those dates would work for us Taylor. Since I have family in Kelowna, just up the hill from Summerhill, we would likely stay with them. If the general plan is to start in Osoyoos, one option for us would be to arrive in Kelowna a day or two earlier, drive south on #33 via Beaverdell, Westbridge, and Rock Creek, then hook up in Osoyoos with the rest of the gang. Has anyone ever driven the other half of the loop? Is it a worthy drive with respect to scenery, attractions, etc…? :confused: Looks like some 200 km from Kelowna to Osoyoos using that route.

http://www.ourbc.com/bc_maps/thompson_okanagan/gif_maps/south_okanagan_560_64.gif

North Coast XC
07-21-2006, 09:12 AM
Let's firm up the dates as September 30 - October 1 otherwise we wil be going back and forth. It's seems a least three XC's are on board already for those dates. Hopefully all that expressed interest can make those dates. Looking at historical weather data indicates that we could be in rain and cooler temperatures if we schedule later than that.

The offer to anyone coming via the Hope-Princeton stands for a gathering prior to arrival in Osoyoos (i.e. breakfast, lunch or dinner). It is only then a 2 hour scenic drive to Osoyoos.

I too am leaning towards leaving the days activities open. Although I did think of writing ahead to a few wineries for perhaps getting some special attention.

As Taylor indicates, please let us know if accomodations need to be arranged. We have a place to stay in Kelowna but would prefer to stay with the group if there is interest. A friend at Manteo can make arrangements.

Looking forward to the gathering!

Patrick

John@CdnRockies
07-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Looks like I can tentatively volunteer for the ride as well. My goal of 18,000 kms in 6 weeks in order to buy-out the lease is right on target. I'm currently at 81,000 and still going like the proverbial Eveready bunny. Thinking about if afterwards, I should probably have taken a camera to log a report!

September 30 through October 1st works for Faye and I.

John

barrysharp
07-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Count me in for the Sept 30 to Oct 1 dates. That is, Gill (my wife), Colin(my brother from UK), me and possibly two Fox Terriers.

Kelowna is some 335 miles (fastest route) from my home so it would be a days drive to get there.

I could either take

1) the somewhat boring drive up I-5 from Seattle to Vancouver and scoot over onto Hwy 1, then 3, then 5 and then 970 over to Kelowna. This is 335 miles per Google.

or I could

2) also take the longer route across Cascades on route 2 thru the North Cascades National Park over to Winthrop/Twisp/Okanogan/Omak and then north up thru Osoyoos State Park and cross border to Osoyoos then due North thru Oliver/Okanagan Falls then along west side of Okangan Lake and then cross over into Kelowna. This trip is likely to be slightly longer for me at some 359 miles and non-freeway speeds.

Route option 2) sounds best to me and would leave home on the Friday and stay overnight in Kelowna to meet up with other Sat AM.

Are hotels/motels in Kelowna dog friendly ? I guess we could always stay just out of town if dogs were to be an issue. Anyone have any dog friendly hotel/motel suggestions for me ? If this were to present an issue I could have my daughter look after the two dogs I suppose - but it would be a shame for them to miss the trip as they love car rides and all the new places to visit. :D

So count on seeing three Sharps for this GTG.

Art
07-23-2006, 06:24 PM
Hey all. It appears that some of the group plan to stay in Kelowna where others have chosen to stay in Osoyoos on Friday. Just so that were all on the same page, are we planning to rendezvous on Saturday somewhere along the way or should we all try and secure accommodations at the same location for Friday night and set out together as a group the following morning? We’re pretty flexible with an overnight stay in either Kelowna/Osoyoos.

Barry, FWIW, here is a link (http://petfriendly.ca/rentals.php?id=1&page=&city=Kelowna) to some pet friendly accommodations in Kelowna. :)

cbob
07-23-2006, 06:45 PM
Sounds like this will be a fun meet, but it turns out to be the only weekend in Sept where I have a previous committment; south of Seattle. :(

I would caution that the Wine Festival is not the best time to do tours, as many of the staff are busy with off-site activities.

Have a great time, and take lots of pix to post! [thumbup]
I will catch up with you next time.

barrysharp
07-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Hey all. It appears that some of the group plan to stay in Kelowna where others have chosen to stay in Osoyoos on Friday. Just so that were all on the same page, are we planning to rendezvous on Saturday somewhere along the way or should we all try and secure accommodations at the same location for Friday night and set out together as a group the following morning? We’re pretty flexible with an overnight stay in either Kelowna/Osoyoos.

Barry, FWIW, here is a link (http://petfriendly.ca/rentals.php?id=1&page=&city=Kelowna) to some pet friendly accommodations in Kelowna. :)

I'm open to staying Fri night at either Kelowna or Osoyoos. Which one is nicer? Te Osoyoos is probably less crowded and a smaller town/city.

Hey Art - I'm looking forward to seeing your new 2006 wheels - what color have you chosen etc. Or will you want to surprise us all. :)

North Coast XC
07-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Barry: If you are going through Osoyoos you may want to stay there. You can claim then to have stayed in Canada's only dessert. Osoyoos is nice unto itself and is much different than Kelowna. Osoyoos has a population of 4,565 and Kelowna is much bigger at over 100,000. The drive between the two places is great though!

I am less than 2 hours away from Osoyoss myself. We may want to stay/rendezvous in Osoyoos Friday night and start Saturday morning in the local wineries and make our way through to Kelowna. Then overnight Saturday evening in Kelowna. There are a number of wineries between Osoyoos and Kelowna and of course Kelowna has too many to mention.

Art: It would mean you coming through Kelowna on to Osoyoos but would mean we would all start in the same place.

John: You may also want to come through Kelowna on to Osoyoos. I realize it means "doubling back" but keeps us all together.

Say the word and I can reserve some rooms in Osoyoos (that will also take pets) if you'd like me to do some leg work. Super 8 ($89 to $169) and Best Western ($115 - $145) are right on the lake.

Given the amount of activity that weekend I am unable to secure "great" rates through our friend in Kelowna at Manteo. As an option though I can secure a 3 bedroom villa at Manteo for $280 cdn/night. The villa accomodates 10 people. Otherwise best rate I can get is $189 (from $225). Do people want to be that "friendly" :)

I will arrange a tour at the Nk'mip winery in Osoyoos for Saturday am. That way those arriving Friday pm can relax, have dinner, rested and meet with those arriving at the same time and start our wine tour Saturday in Osoyoos.

Cheers,
Patrick

North Coast XC
07-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Nk'mip Cellars in Osoyoos has a "Gazing and Grazing" event Friday Sept 29 from 7pm to 10 pm.

As they describe it:
Take a journey through NK'Mip Cellars, North Americas first Aboriginal owned and operated winery. Each of our themed grazing stations offer unique delicasies coupled with NK'Mip award winning wines. Forge through all stations then revisit your favourities before the bonfire finale. Advanced reservations required. Tickets are $75 cdn + tax & gratuity.

Anyone interested in this wine fest event as perhaps our "kickoff" to the rally? I have emailed the winery for ticket availability and further details.

Patrick

Art
07-27-2006, 07:28 AM
Hey Patrick,

Thanks for doing the leg work.

The Best Western Sunrise (http://www.bestwesternosoyoos.com/amenities.html) looks fine by me. I see they even have dog friendly rooms for Barry’s terriers. Am I correct in presuming that everyone simply secures their own accommodations for the night?

I think we'll hold off on the ‘Gaze and Graze’ event for now seeing as we probably wouldn't label ourselves (pardon the pun) as discriminating wine tasters. That being said, there’s no doubt we’ll likely bring back a few bottles as gifts for family and friends. :)

barrysharp
07-27-2006, 07:43 AM
Best Western works for us also. Maybe we simply agree to meet at breakfast early Sat morn. I cannot say for sure when we would arrive on Fri PM at Best Western as our trip is rather long and scenic. ;)

Okanagan XC
07-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Hi,
First post here as I just took delivery of my XC70 six days ago. I LOVE the car, so does my best friend and his wife who were visiting for a week, they kept stealing the keys from me because they wanted to drive! Anyways, I live in Kelowna and wouldn't mind joining in the wine tour at some point if my schedule allows it. Not so much for the wineries, as I'm familiar with most of them, but being part of a XC70 caravan is hard to resist. :D

Art
07-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Huge welcome and congrats Okanagan XC! :)

Sweet! Looks like the convoy is off to a great start! We’ll be in Kelowna a day or two before the event so perhaps a pre meet might be in order. Between you, Taylor and NorthcoastXC we shouldn’t have any problems navigating the route through the vineyards. :D

If you don't mind me asking, how did you find out about the site?

Okanagan XC
07-28-2006, 07:59 PM
Huge welcome and congrats Okanagan XC! :)

If you don't mind me asking, how did you find out about the site?

I stumbled upon the site while browsing the web looking for info on the XC 70.

barrysharp
07-29-2006, 05:52 PM
At this point Gill and I and my brother from UK will attend. We shall be reserving accommodations at the Best Western in Osoyoos for the Friday night to start off with. If GTG falls thru we will still come as I want to show my brother scenes north of the border, plus it will be a nice drive about. :D

I'm assuming if the GTG gets off the ground others will post here and we can discuss/arrange to meet up and do an XC70 caravan tour about. A wine tour does sound interesting.

Looking forward to seeing everybody, Art's new wheels and new faces maybe. :)

Art
07-29-2006, 06:54 PM
We’re still officially on board Barry. :) I’m sure that the group will settle on some form of itinerary once everyone checks in to confirm their attendance. Judging from Taylor’s recent email (which I assume all interested parties received), a tour of the Nk’Mip wine cellars in Osoyoos is in order. [thumbup]

John@CdnRockies
07-30-2006, 04:08 PM
I think you can count me in at this point. Having just returned from Montreal, I managed 16,000 of the 18,000 requisite kilometers to effect the buyout. It's been a whale of a good time and the radio must be about burned out by now!

We should find out in the next few days what the buyout cost is - the final piece in the puzzle. Btw, does anyone know what a loaded '04 XC is going for in the market place? It will be high mileage (~90,000 km) with >95% of it has on the highway.

We are easy to meet up with folks anywhere along the route (including a Vancouver start). Just let me know what the group's preferences are and Faye/I will slot ourselves to accomodate the larger voting block.

John

North Coast XC
07-31-2006, 04:01 PM
Great to hear that people are committing to the gathering!

It is probably just as easy for people to make reservations at the Best Western in Osoyoos on their own.

Nk'Mip wine tours begin at 11 am. I suspect most tours would begin no earlier. There is a nominal $5 fee for the tour that is refundable if you buy 2 or more bottles of wine. I have noticed a number of the wineries now have this fee for a tour or tasting, but again, the fee is refundable. I will not reseve any tickets for the graze and gaze at Nk'Mip for Friday evening.

I suggest we meet at Nk'Mip just before 11 am on the Saturday. For those staying at the Best Western the night before, we can try to connect that evening.

From Nk'Mip we can map out our journey through to Kelowna. Any thoughts on staying at Manteo Resort? For those that might meet in Kelowna, I can supply you with a cell phone number via private email. That way you can find out where the caravan might be at any given time and meet up with us.

Look forward to seeing some of you again and making new friends.

Art
08-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Sounds Good Patrick.

In addition to the Manteo Resort, here are a few other suggestions with respect to accommodations in Kelowna. I do believe they are all pet friendly. :)

http://www.ramadalodgehotelkelowna.com/
http://www.coasthotels.com/home/sites/kelowna/home.cfm
http://www.accentinns.com/locations/kelowna.htm
http://www.sandmanhotels.com/hotels/bc/kelowna.asp

Art
08-14-2006, 08:25 PM
Just received word that the Manteo Resort is a no pet facility. :(

There hasn‘t been much response of late regarding the meet. I know that it still over a month away, but I’m wondering if everyone has arranged for their accommodations in Osoyoos and Kelowna yet?

coastal
08-15-2006, 02:42 PM
we're definitely in... Our inlaws might be shadowing us with the kids for this trip but their schedule is still up in the air so we haven't been able to firm up the plans yet. Either way though, we will be there :D

Art
08-15-2006, 04:00 PM
we're definitely in... Our inlaws might be shadowing us with the kids for this trip but their schedule is still up in the air so we haven't been able to firm up the plans yet. Either way though, we will be there :D

Cool. We're looking forward to seeing the entire clan together Taylor. :)

lawst
08-15-2006, 06:02 PM
sounds like you guys have alot of fun up north!

John@CdnRockies
08-16-2006, 10:35 AM
You can count on me as well. We just received word that the XC will go for C$26,000 or less and that Faye can acquire it once she selects her new car. That makes it a sure-buy from my perspective. (Yahoo:D ).

Let me know your arrangements and we will adjust our schedules accordingly. Having done 22,000 km in 7 weeks, a short 1,500 km hop from Calgary will seem like a walk in the park ...

John

barrysharp
08-16-2006, 07:57 PM
My brother is visiting from UK and will be with us for two weekends. Our GTG weekend is in conflict with my daughter #2 (lives in San Francisco) who wants to visit this same weekend to meet up with my brother. Question is, will she want to be part of our GTG as well ? I'm working on it but have to give priority to my daughter's schedule at this time. I'm hoping she will want to come along for the ride and can have lots of chin wags with mother while I chin wag with my brother. :)

P.S. Taylor: where's the entry in http://www.volvoxc.com/events/

North Coast XC
08-22-2006, 05:32 PM
We're still in and looking forward to it!

If anyone is coming via the Princeton-Hope Highway (#3), let us know. As we are close to Osoyoos we haven't made definitive plans to over night there. Still waiting on others for Kelowna accomodations as we can stay with friends if there aren't many people staying in one particular hotel.

Patrick

BTW, emailed Nk'mip to expect us Saturday for the 11 am tour.

John@CdnRockies
09-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Righto folks. The XC is now officially ours. We settled up at C$26k for a 25 month old unit on our lease buyout. That means I should definitely be in attendance at our October meet.

Itineraries for participants please? I can either drive down from Alberta in tandem with Art or join our esteemed webmaster and others from Vancouver. Just need to know in order to book my vacation days. Has anyone made any reservations yet?

John

Art
09-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Congrats on the buyout John! Nice to know that your black beauty will remain in the family ranks for a few more years. [thumbup]

We’re definitely still on for the meet but are not certain whether our original plan to drive to the coast a week earlier will actually pan out. Wish that I could give you a more definitive answer but I should know for sure by the end of the week. That said, I did book a suite at the Holiday Inn in Osoyoos for the night of Sept. 29. For some reason, the online reservations webpage for the Best Western Sunrise didn’t work for me. A quick phone call to their reservations desk quoted much higher room rates than what was advertised on their website and I was told that there was only one, maybe two rooms left.

From what I understand, Morrie (aka MGC) has already secured accommodations in both Osoyoos (Best Western Sunrise) and Kelowna (Manteo Resort).

Art
09-05-2006, 08:40 PM
I just checked with expedia.ca (http://www.expedia.ca/daily/enc4105/home/default.asp) and it appears that there are still some reasonably priced rooms available at the Best Western Sunrise for the 29th. Hmmm…what gives? :confused:

barrysharp
09-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Well daughter #2 is definitely arriving and staying over during the GTG weekend and is unlikely to want to come along for the ride as she wants to visit with her sister and brother in Seattle as well. I see I have at least two options open.

1. I travel up to Osoyoos for a drive about before the GTG weekend - returning home to meet up with daughter.

2. Same as 1) but do the drive about early in the week after the GTG weekend.

I do want to drive up to this part of Canada as I've not seen it before and my brother would also enjoy the drive/scenery etc as well.

Maybe someone could post the GTG itinerary and maybe I can follow this as a single car in my own time. Thanks and I will surely miss seeing y'all. :)

coastal
09-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Hey guys,

Might one of our Washington attendess (Morrie?) be willing to accept a package for delivery to the gathering?

Gretchen from the VCOA has graciously put together a care package for our event and it'd ideally be shipped to a US address so as to minimize shipping costs and skirt the whole cross border issue.

Please email me with your address if that's cool!

Looking forward to this!

Taylor.

John@CdnRockies
09-06-2006, 05:34 PM
I have also booked a room at the Holiday Inn @ Osoyoos for Friday, September 29th. I expect to be coming from Pender Island as AMEC conveniently re-scheduled me into Vancouver instead of Toronto Sept 26-27. Faye is in Ottawa and Montreal those days and is weekending with Stephanie as Sept 25/26 has her back in Ottawa. Looks like she will miss the joy of being a passenger.

Let me know your continuing itinerary and I will make reservations for the Saturday as well. Cheerio.

John

Art
09-06-2006, 07:36 PM
I expect to be coming from Pender Island as AMEC conveniently re-scheduled me into Vancouver instead of Toronto Sept 26-27.

Let me know your continuing itinerary and I will make reservations for the Saturday as well. Cheerio.

John

Upon hearing this, we'll now try and set our sights on a west coast departure date for the Okanagan GTG. :)

John@CdnRockies
09-07-2006, 05:42 AM
Excellent news Art. At this rate Taylor is going to be on the hook to brew some of that wonderful Starbucks coffee we had last time.

John

North Coast XC
09-07-2006, 11:12 AM
Hi everyone. Sounds like things are getting going! For those leaving from the westcoast and coming via the Hope-Princeton highway, if Taylor is not supplying the coffee we would certainly host coffee and/or brunch here in Princeton before going on to Osoyoos. Let us know.

Patrick

Art
09-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Okay guys, we are now officially confirmed for a west coast departure starting in Victoria and look forward to the drive out to Princeton and Osoyoos. A quick stopover in West Van for a hot cup of joe while hooking up with Taylor sound fine by me. [thumbup]

I’ll bring a pair of FRS radios along so that we can maintain a com link during the drive. Anyone else have a set? Perhaps we can make some plans to hook up for lunch somewhere with Patrick while in Princeton. :)