Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: North West Meet

Thumbs up North West Meet

Greetings all. I've been away from this forum for some time and have moved to the Similkameen Valley in BC. Some of you may remember me from the 2003 (I think) Northwest meet.

Any interest from those in the northwest to travel from lower mainland, through Hope to Princeton and beyond to a wine tour in the Okanagan in late summer (mid to late September)?

Cheers
    2004 XC70 Black w graphite leather
    Touring and Sport Packages

That's funny, Art and I were just talking about holding a get together earlier this afternoon seeing as this site's 5th year anniversary is coming up June 27th

Figured it was notice was a bit too short to hold something for that, so I suggested exactly what you're proposing... Something in September. To add, your route is just what I was thinking... Who else is interested? I know you're out there

2005 didn't happen, let's make up for it!!!
    Last edited by coastal; 06-23-2006 at 08:08 PM.
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Red face Count me in.

A GTG in September sounds great guys! Would be nice to touch bases with some familiar and hopefully a few new faces.

Tubby’s Garage just outside of Hope would have made a cool place to stop for lunch or a photo opp but unfortunately they’ve closed down.

Default Me too

I'm good to go for a late Sept GTG. My brother from UK will be visiting during late Sep thru early Oct and this GTG would be a good opportunity to expose him to the Canadian lifestyle, Km, liters and the gorgeous Canadian scenery.

I haven't crossed border recently and wonder which is the best crossing point to avoid long waits - anyone have advice on this ?

Regards... Barry
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Canada: Calgary Alberta - Ottawa Ontario - Pender Island BC

Thumbs up Probable Yes from me.

Count me in assuming that we buy-out the Volvo at lease expiry. A long convoluted story boils down to my needing to log 18,000 kms in the coming 6 weeks to be eligible to buy-out the rig. Plans are already afoot for some lengthy journeys to meet the goal (Pender, California, Montreal should do it).

So a romp in BC would be no sweat! Assuming we achieve the mileage minimum, a very relaxed Faye and tired John will form part of the party.

John
    '04 XC70 Canadian Premium and Sport packages, Black
    '06 XC70 Ocean Race Model, IPD to 240 hp, 18" rims, Deep Blue
    Other rigs: '06 Toyota Avalon, '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Thumbs up

I'd be up for a meet!
    September weather should be OK, and the winery idea might be a winner. A group of XCs cruising from tasting to tasting, loading up all those cargo spaces with cases of fine wines.
    The mind boggles.
    Commander Bob
    V70XC 2002 /Nautic /Graphite/All the Canuck Standard Pkg. stuff +Premium Pkg. +Rear Skid +Rear Spoiler +F/R mudguards +Gibbons-approved Nokian WR boots +attitude

Mid to late September is a great time for us. We were not able to make the last outing but count us in for this one. It sounds like alot of fun.

MGC
    Morrie

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Barry sharp
    I haven't crossed border recently and wonder which is the best crossing point to avoid long waits - anyone have advice on this ?
    Barry,

Here’s a link that might be of help. It also contains a direct link to CBSA’s website with respect to border wait times.

http://www.borderlineups.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MGC
    Mid to late September is a great time for us. We were not able to make the last outing but count us in for this one. It sounds like alot of fun.
    Sounds great Morrie!

Anyone else out there interested in a day or two of touring around some of B.C. finest vineyards?

Thumbs up September Princeton to the Okanagan GTG

Hello all

I did some "reconnaissance" work over the July long weekend; how terrible for me that I had to do some wine tasting in Osoyoos (boo hoo). A tasting trip through Osoyoos and area might be what the doctor ordered for our gathering.

Two very nice wineries in Osoyoos I'd recommend and will get in touch with (confirming everyones particiapation) are www.nkmipcellars.com and www.tinhorn.com.

Nk'Mip has a relatively new tasting building, golf course, condo development and cultural centre. It is operated by the Osoyoos Indian Band and is quite the winery if you haven't already been there. Tinhorn Creek sits atop a hill and their vinyard and have great view. Travel time from Princeton to Osoyoos is just under 2 hours. Along the route is Keremeos and their plentiful orchards (and possilbly a fall harvest stop). Then the scenic drive from Osoyoos to Penticton is about 1 hour. This might be the place to overnight.

Are people looking to overnight on this gathering? Penticton might be the place to stop. Also, we'd be more than willing to host a brunch in Princeton before we embark on the wine tour.

The next day perhaps Penticton to Kelowna which is 1.25 hours away. More wineries in Kelowna! Couple of wineries in Kelowna we like (good wine, great food and spectactular views) are: www.missionhillwinery.com and www.quailsgate.com Lunch at Quail's Gate "Old Vines Patio" would be good.

After a day in Kelowna and their plentiful wineries, people can get back to the lower mainland via the Coquihalla Connector to #5 to #3 and then #1 to Vancouver with a time of just over 5 hours; very good route and quick.

Travelling from lower mainland to Princeton is via Hope-Princeton highway #3 and takes approx. 3.5 hours from downtown Vancouver.

Cheers all,
    Patrick
    2004 XC70 Black w graphite leather
    Touring and Sport Packages

North Coast XC:

Sounds great and thanks for doing the fun "reconnaissance" trip.

I would like to do this wine tasting meet between Sep 27 and Oct 11 if possible, and an overnight is AOK with me. However, whatever works for others will be fine also. Cheers.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast