Default Highlights Position Sensor Level

Hi all,

I have an XC70 AWD '05 without Four-C and I need to replace the sensor level (P/N 8622446).

The sensor was easy to remove, just one nut, however, I forgot to take a picture and now I cannot figure out how to re-assemble it

The lever goes to the link rod, the connector with the connector but I cannot figure out the purpose of the bracket that remains floating on its own.

If you have an XC70 (non Four-C) would you be so kind to take a picture of this sensor that is located on the rear driver side?

Thank you!
    Alex
    Last edited by Metallo; 06-11-2019 at 01:52 PM.
    My XC 70

Anybody?

Thank you!
    Alex
    My XC 70

Now I understand what's going on with that bracket.

There is a rivet that fixes it to the body of the car, the rivet is broken and therefore that is the reason why I could not give a sense to where the part was going to be.
    Now, how to fix it?
    It cannot be done from under the car, maybe removing the wheel but I have got the impression it will not be sufficient and need to remove more stuff.

Anybody has ever experienced this?

Alex
    My XC 70

Quote Originally Posted by Metallo View Post
    Now I understand what's going on with that bracket.

There is a rivet that fixes it to the body of the car, the rivet is broken and therefore that is the reason why I could not give a sense to where the part was going to be.
    Now, how to fix it?
    It cannot be done from under the car, maybe removing the wheel but I have got the impression it will not be sufficient and need to remove more stuff.

Anybody has ever experienced this?

Alex
    Looks like you are the first to delve into this territory, maybe drill the rivet out and replace it with a fastener if it is accessible , good luck with it!
    Current Junk: Couple of worthless rusty old clapped out Volvo bricks, XC70's 02, 04 & Countless P.O.S's, Rust buckets, Junk cars,( 50W Oily cesspool Sludge) Stolen and other assorted rubbish cars, 1928 Jed Clampett Tourer, (8 hole cast iron lump, original rust and decay, 40W Straight Bacon Grease),