Default Imported post

Taylor:

I've noticed of late that this site is quite a bit slower than say some 6 months or so back. Has the server changed ? It used to be much speedier.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

I haven't been coming here for that long, but the server here does seem very slow.
    Rails

Default Imported post

V e r y   s l o w   t o d a y      

Default Imported post

I've experienced a slow down also.  The site was always relatively slow to load when I am at home using my 56k dial-up, but at work where we have a T1 it was fast.  But now, when accessing from work, it seems to have slowed down considerably.
    Cheers, Gary

2022 XC60 B5/Black
    2021 XC60 T5/ Osmium Gray (Wife's)
    2017 XC60 T6/ Bright Silver (Loaned to my Son)
    2015.5 XC70/Silver (Loaned to my Daughter)

2007 XC70/Rubyred (RIP)
    2003 XC70/Platinum Green (RIP)
    2001 V70/White (RIP)

Default Imported post

Main problem is the forum software which I've been meaning to convert to a newer, faster system.

Frustrated with not having enough time to do it, and even more frustrated with the process that has to take place in order for the conversion to take place. If you've been following the saga, I was waiting for vBulletin to release the import scripts for the new version of their software to simplify the process, and they did finally released the new scripts but they dropped support for ikonboard conversions for their latest release. Thus, I get to start all over again with their old version, then upgrade from there.

It's quite unbeleiveable how big a task this has become and how many hours I've put in with absolutely nothing to show...  Every time I get ready to get it going, something else changes.      

No timeframe available at this time, but hope to have this all done sooner than later.

Hope that helps

Taylor.
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (coastal @ April 28 2004,16:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Main problem is the forum software.

It&#39;s quite unbelieveable ... how many hours I&#39;ve put in with absolutely nothing to show... [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I don&#39;t think so, Rome was never built in a Day. Judgeing by the results on the test pages, I think the new one will be worth the wait, better to have something that looks good and work than just &#39;a stunner&#39;. We can wait

What a shame this was not school because we could all take a bit home and do it together and then this might help you but sadly this is not the case