Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Got the back seat out and pulled the cover. Pump does cycle with ignition. No fuel coming from outlet. Gurgling sound from tank.

Dump a gallon or so of fuel in the tank and see if it starts.

Put 2 gallons in, cycled it 10 times, buzz ................ no fuel. Pulled the fuel pump out, may try to bench test it before ordering a new one. Not sure which contacts fire the motor, but assume black is ground??

There's a simple way to assess the fuel pressure up at the engine.

There is a Schraeder valve (like on bicycle tire) on the fuel rail above the intake manifold. It's easy to test if you're developing fuel pressure by depressing the stem of this valve. Cover with a rag first, as it will spew gasoline spray when fuel pump is working correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by olevolvo View Post
    Put 2 gallons in, cycled it 10 times, buzz ................ no fuel. Pulled the fuel pump out, may try to bench test it before ordering a new one. Not sure which contacts fire the motor, but assume black is ground??

Since you have it out just replace it: Bosch 69746 Original Equipment Replacement Electric Fuel Pump is $146 on amazon. Prime you will have it in two days.

Found a new Bosch on eBay local. Could pick it up tomorrow. Thank you very much for the suggestions!

I replaced the fuel pump. Turn key, pump buzzes, gurgles, no fuel. Dumped two more gallons in. No go.

Removed pem, about two table spoons of corrosion in the box. Think I found the culprit.

Willy let's the award for suggesting checking codes. However my OBD2 and Car gauge pro or torque pro can not retrieve the volvo pids. I'm surprised that droid developers haven't worked around it yet.

Anyhow working from the rear Schrader valve and only looking at one side of the coin (fuel pump), which it was not, even though it had power to it at ignition. Ding ding ding, it was the pem. Thanks for the suggestions and support!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12