Hello everyone!

Everything was working great till the other day. My Volvo didn't start yesterday morning. I thought it could be the battery but when CAA came to boost my battery he said it should be something else. I guessed it could be injection or fuel pump and had my car towed to my indie.

He diagnosed it as non functioning fuel pump and ordered the piece for me. The part was almost $500 and I didn't have time to order online cheaper so I agreed. He spent like 3 hours to install the pump. It works now and we park it as I go inside to pay. After I get in the car, the car doesn't work and SRS airbag urgent service light pops up. We push the car inside and we check it and my mechanic advises the part might be bad. He wants to order a new one.

Of course, I'm not paying anything extra after paying $930 + tax. I am just wondering if the problem could be something else. Has anyone encountered such thing? It looks like fuel pump but it's a bit interesting that the car would run without a problem and then not start up.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.