Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

what happens is the sensor is first to go then you will hear a clicking wich is the door lock acutaltor going crazy then finaly nothing works on the door
    2012 Ford Fusion 2004 V70XC 01 V70XC -M66 1998 C70 T5-M66

Dang, that is close to what happened to mine. I Disconnected the battery and hooked it back up to find my pass door was clicking like mad....no window, door lock or temp sensor. I just wound up unhooking the swicth so as no to have a dead battery in the morning. Since this is an old post I'll do some more searching on the fix for this modual issue.

This is an interesting thread.
    My Volvo mechanic told me the temp sensor is located behind the front bumper.
    I have not heard of this one in the mirror?

I know there is an ambient temperature sensor within the passenger door mirror on the '05 S80 and I believe the set up is the same on our 03 XC70. My son had a pre-P2 V70 and his sensor was behind the front bumper.
    Bill
    63 PV544 (attempted restoration)
    83 245 DL OSD (transferred to son)
    85 240 GL OSD (transferred to son)
    03 XC70 OSD (traded-in 4/12)
    05 AWD S80 OSD (transferred to son)
    12 XC70 T6
    16 S60 T5 Drive-E (FWD)

This is crazy, I had no idea it would be in the mirror! wowee

Mine just went. Its minus 5 out but the readout under the speedo shows plus 33 degrees celcius. I ordered a new one. I though there was only one on a 03 XC70 and it was in the driver side mirror.

How do I get at it? Do I have to remove the entire mirror assembly? Or can I take the glass out somehow?

Jim

I have answered my own question.

On the 2003 XC70 there is a sensor in each mirror. I believe the driver side communicates with the ECM and the passenger side communicates with the gauge in the speedo. They sit in the elbow of the mirror. The mirror assemble has to come off. If you look underneath you can see its a separate piece that is snapped in. Use a screw drive to pry it out from the point closest to the door. The two white wires run to the harness connector behind the door panel. So the panel must come off.

You need to remove the two wire pins from the connector. To do this you need to unsnap the hold clamp on the connector. From the otherside you can see the two pins in the middle row. By inserting a paper clip in to the pin holes on the upper row you can release the pins. The new connector comes with the wire and pins.

Its an easy job.

Jim

I believe the driver
    side communicates with the ECM and the passenger side communicates with the gauge in the speedo.
    somebody can confirm that.

I have the ambient temperature code on. The dash reading seem OK but the engine is reading between 10deg less and -40C for some period of time. By the way, someone have part numbers for them please.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12