Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

skibo--Good question. Mine is seeping. Does seeping become leaking? Should I replace a reservoir that is just dirty from seeping?
    Wait Griswold
    2003 XC70
    South Lake Tahoe, CA

I've stuck this posting as it's a great how-to. Thanks Joe for doing this!

It was always wet around the top/bottom seam and dripping on the driveway. I was adding a bit of fluid every few weeks, synthetic but not CHF-11S. So I figured I'd get the new reservoir and flush out the mix of fluids replacing with the correct CHF-11S = in an effort to not have to replace the seals on the rack, etc. in the future . . .

Forkster - thanks, hope it helps some of the other folks as well. It's what sites like these are for, especially for those of us "do it yourselfers" that just can't justify the cost of Vadis, or like me, that own a Mac and don't want to partition off a perfectly great working system for the latest windows version.

Having the XCForum as a resource surely made it much easier when I did the timing belt, idler pulley, tensioner, water pump and accy belt a few weekends ago.

Just in case anyone's thinking of doing this little project these links may make it easier when searching for things:
    reservoir http://www.eeuroparts.com/Main/PartD...px?id=30665496

and the CHF-11S, good price too, http://www.germanautoparts.com/Chemi...luids/Pentosin
    "01" XC70, Polar Blue Metallic, Oak Leather, no 3rd seat, wife's ride.
    "99" Dodge Ram 2500 P/U, QC, 4X4, 8' bed, Cummins, Auto, tweaked a wee bit-522rwhp/998rwtq - my toy.

Joe, quick question: how much fluid did you need to do this flush?

Quote Originally Posted by Forkster View Post
    Joe, quick question: how much fluid did you need to do this flush?
    I had 3 qts, I poured some into the funnel connected to the pump suction with engine running till I saw green fluid (about 1/2 qt).

Once new reservoir was in and everything connected back up it took about 1 qt to fill.

So you'd probably be OK getting 2 qts. But, I'd rather have too much than not enough = why I got 3 qts and still have 1 full and a bit left in a jug. If I had used more to flush than the 1/2 qt I did and only bought 2 qts I'd be running around low and have to wait on the order for another qt to arrive + pay shipping again. Wow, sometimes I actually make sense to myself
    "01" XC70, Polar Blue Metallic, Oak Leather, no 3rd seat, wife's ride.
    "99" Dodge Ram 2500 P/U, QC, 4X4, 8' bed, Cummins, Auto, tweaked a wee bit-522rwhp/998rwtq - my toy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12