Default Right Front Turn Signal Bulb Replacement on '04

I'm getting a "position lamp" fault. The right front bulb is the culprit. The owners manual suggests this is a monofilament bulb, but I'm convinced that is NOT the case. After perusing the forum's search results and a thorough visual inspection, I believe the bulb to be a simple amber 1157 - with the other filament serving as the right turn signal.

But my problem is replacing the bulb. There is no way I can get my hand on the socket. One poster says the dealer told him the headlight assembly must be removed.

Can anyone provide instructions on removing the headlight assembly? I know I'm not the first person who's needed to replace this bulb. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks,
    Don
    '04 XC70 Black/Taupe/Premium/Climate

Default Never Mind

Turns out this is a fairly simple procedure if you know a few things before you begin:
    1. The bulb IS an 1157 Amber.
    2. Removing the Windshield Washer filler neck by removing one screw and pulling it out gives PLENTY of room to access the socket.
    3. The socket unscrews CLOCKWISE.

Nothing intuitively obvious about any of the above. But an hour of reviewing search results is certainly easier than removing the headlight assembly.
    '04 XC70 Black/Taupe/Premium/Climate