Question help needed on transmission flush & PCV vavle

Hi, guys,

I have help for 2 simple questions about my 98 VOLVO V70XC AWD 2.4 Tubo:

(1) Does this car have transmission filter? Different VOLVO guys give me different answers. Anyone can help me clarify this? I have bought 12 quarters ATF 3309 for transmission flush. If there is no such thing on the car, where is the drain hole? Anybody can post a picture to help me localize it?

(2) Where is the PCV valve on the car? Anybody can show me a picture of it on the car? Where can I buy one?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1. if there is a filter (and on the other volvo site i checked no one has a definite answer) the only practical way to change if one is doing a rebuild.

2. not too sure about a valve, but if the pcv system is gunked up, you have to do the pcv service. heres a great writeup on that http://lakesidedp.com/uploadpics/pcv/
    Hailing from the Majestic Rocky Mountain High
    RIP 04-08-09

Extras: Bilstein Hd's, Zimmerman Cross-Drilled Rotors, K&N Air Filter
    IPD HD TCV, Stylin Motors Silicone Hoses, Silverstars, 8000k HID Fogs
    It is illegal to get this high in other states.

Need OEM Volvo Parts?
    Call Daryl Waltrip Volvo
    (800) 689-0021
    Ask for Jamie or Don

take your butt over to matthewsvolvosite and exercise the search button.

i did not want to take your job mainly because you were using non oem parts from fcpgroton per your email.

basically oem, if that were my car, that's what i would do. since you got parts already for the timing belt, you didn't even know if it had a mechanical tensioner or hydraulic too much headache if it were the wrong parts.

pcv in 98 and older are a PITA, 99+ are so much easier.

transflush, takes 1 hr max to do. i do not think there is a filter, since i had the trans out before and poked around in there and can't see where a filter would go. call the dealer 610-647-1566 keystone volvo berwyn and ask your question.

matthewsvolvo site has alot of stuff for repairs. volvospeed has alot of good info there too, mainly FWD cars but its all good. here i find the traffic to be on the slower side.

Made In japan has a great write up on the transflush here http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/for...php?f=1&t=8767

i followed it, it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by gshadow325 View Post
    take your butt over to matthewsvolvosite and exercise the search button.

i did not want to take your job mainly because you were using non oem parts from fcpgroton per your email.

basically oem, if that were my car, that's what i would do. since you got parts already for the timing belt, you didn't even know if it had a mechanical tensioner or hydraulic too much headache if it were the wrong parts.

pcv in 98 and older are a PITA, 99+ are so much easier.

transflush, takes 1 hr max to do. i do not think there is a filter, since i had the trans out before and poked around in there and can't see where a filter would go. call the dealer 610-647-1566 keystone volvo berwyn and ask your question.

matthewsvolvo site has alot of stuff for repairs. volvospeed has alot of good info there too, mainly FWD cars but its all good. here i find the traffic to be on the slower side.

Made In japan has a great write up on the transflush here http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/for...php?f=1&t=8767

i followed it, it was great.
    Actually I do not know much about parts. Do you mean the quality of the parts sold by fcpgroton is not good enough? I do want to be good to my VOLVO and use good parts. Where do you guys get good parts?

Quote Originally Posted by flying-dragon View Post
    Actually I do not know much about parts. Do you mean the quality of the parts sold by fcpgroton is not good enough? I do want to be good to my VOLVO and use good parts. Where do you guys get good parts?

i got the pcv kit from fcp and all the parts are oem. i cross checked with eeuroparts.com and it was all good. that and the kit is way cheaper than getting all the parts seperatly.
    Hailing from the Majestic Rocky Mountain High
    RIP 04-08-09

Extras: Bilstein Hd's, Zimmerman Cross-Drilled Rotors, K&N Air Filter
    IPD HD TCV, Stylin Motors Silicone Hoses, Silverstars, 8000k HID Fogs
    It is illegal to get this high in other states.

Need OEM Volvo Parts?
    Call Daryl Waltrip Volvo
    (800) 689-0021
    Ask for Jamie or Don

http://www.ipdusa.com/ and call these guys, they are great.
    00 V70XC AWD moondust 199K
    08 F250 4X4 gold suprcab 70K
    VCOA

Ok let's see...

1: The filter is internal and can not be changed
    2: You are on the right track with a complete 12Qt flush of 3309
    3: 98+ PCV systems are MUCH easyeir and cheaper to replace then 99+
    4: Replace PCV system if it has not been done yet and you have over 100K miles
    5: Save yourself a headache and just use 185degree zip-ties on the PCV system

umm yup that's about it