Default New Door: Locks?

Hello,

I was recently hit in a roundabout... My front passenger side door was damaged.
    I found a color-matched door at a junkyard locally.
    In my BMW the door locks would need to be swapped over to communicate properly with the immobilization module. In my Volvo (2004 XC70) will I have to swap the locks between the two doors, or can I just hook up the new-to-me door like my existing door and use the new-to-me door locks?

Thank you.

The closest experience I can share is with my 2006 V70. The passenger door lock stopped working electronically. I ordered a replacement from a junkyard.
    Getting the old one out and the new one in was physically challenging, starting with drilling out a steel rivet at the bottom corner of the door. Then, the opening to slide the old electronic lock unit out requires quite a bit of trial and error. But, when everything was all buttoned up, it worked perfectly.

One tip...disconnect the battery while doing the operation, since the door lock system is always "on", listening for key fob signals. Have ignition key in "II" position when reconnecting battery, and give it a good minute for all the modules to wake up and resync.

Quote Originally Posted by weste46 View Post
    BMW the door locks would need to be swapped over to communicate properly with the immobilization module. In my Volvo (2004 XC70) will I have to swap the locks between the two doors, or can I just hook up the new-to-me door like my existing door and use the new-to-me door locks?
    The inner door latch assembly has no electronics or brains in it, just a motor and some switches. So you can put a used one in your car and it will work (using your old PDM)

Understood.

How easy is a door swap on these cars?