Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Auxiliary Rear Facing Seat - Pictures Anyone?

As our small family is expanding with a new one on the way, the wife has authorized me to look into the putting in the Rear Facing Third Row Seat into our 03 XC70. Since we live close to Massachusetts, we plan to take advantage of the no sales tax weekend coming up soon to purchase it. The local dealer estimate the cost of the seats and lock set to be around $1200 after discount for Volvo Club members (15%).

Since I never seen one of these seats in an actual car, I was wondering if there are any pictures out there of the thing. Besides the official Volvo accessory pictures, I want to see what the seat looks like when folded down. I want to make sure I still can use the cargo area when the seat is not used.
    2003 XC70 - White Ext.+Taupe Int.+Premium Pkg+Touring Pkg+Mud Flaps+Rubber Mats+Rear Skid Plate+Trailer Hitch+Headlight Protection

is that price for an 01 as well?

Quote Originally Posted by stevel0923 View Post
    I want to see what the seat looks like when folded down. I want to make sure I still can use the cargo area when the seat is not used.
    No pic handy but the trunk-hatch area folds 100% FLAT, so no worries.
    It looks exactly the same as witout a rear seat except you have two seat belts/shoulder harnesses off to the side.
    The load capacity and ease is the same

I had haggled with the salesman and had the 3rd row fitted on my 04 XC70from new as it was cheaper than buying an XC90 ! I'll take a picture of the cargo area with the seats down as soon as my camera has charged but like the last poster said the only thing visible when they are down is the seatbelts that hang to the side. Bear in mind that the seats are really only intended for children, I'll take a picture of them so you can see what I mean. When in use there is only a limited footwell so the occupant's legs sort of go horizontal toward the back door. Also I found I needed to invest in a roof box so that when we went away on long trips with luggage we had some where to put it if the 3rd row was in use.

here you go

Wow, you guys are the best! Thanks for the pictures! That gives me much comfort knowing that I will be able to use my cargo space. Is it any harder to get to the spare tire now?
    Last edited by stevel0923; 08-16-2007 at 04:04 AM.
    2003 XC70 - White Ext.+Taupe Int.+Premium Pkg+Touring Pkg+Mud Flaps+Rubber Mats+Rear Skid Plate+Trailer Hitch+Headlight Protection

Quote Originally Posted by MJE View Post
    here you go
    Why when I do a thumbnail the clicked on pic is only slightly larger, when you (and everyone else) gets nearly a full size picture when clicked on?
    I post the largest picture the site allows

It dose not take that much longer than with out the seats. I have a 5 and a 7 year old that both fit back there. Its great when you have family visiting or your family just gets bigger. The only problem I have with it is when more than 2 kids are with me they all wount to sit in the back.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by T2T1977 View Post
    It dose not take that much longer than with out the seats. I have a 5 and a 7 year old that both fit back there. Its great when you have family visiting or your family just gets bigger. The only problem I have with it is when more than 2 kids are with me they all wount to sit in the back.
    My two year old looking at your pictures already wants to sit in the back compartment now....
    Last edited by stevel0923; 08-16-2007 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    No pic handy but the trunk-hatch area folds 100% FLAT, so no worries.
    It looks exactly the same as witout a rear seat except you have two seat belts/shoulder harnesses off to the side.
    The load capacity and ease is the same
    I was wondering with the third row seat belts, can I still use the cargo cover or the vertical cargo netting when the seat is not being used.

Also, has oneone decided on getting the rear seat cup holder and what they thought about it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast