Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by cheapo View Post
    How vulnerable are mud guards in snowy conditions. Are the flexible enough not to break off when you catch them on the edge of a frozen drift?

After cleaning the engine, my mechanic asked me to drive the car for a bit in order spot the source of the leak. After driving 300km, the source was not apparent. He told me to bring the car back in another week.
    I had guards on my 850R and V70 and never had any problems with them and that was in the big snows of Northern Ontario. I can't see where you would have any issues in the wee snows we get downeast here.

I think most here will agree that the bevel gear housing will seep a bit especially as the miles get on. In most cases, including mine, the loss over 20K kms is not hardly noticeable when you check level even though you will get a fair mess on the housing. I suppose the time to start worrying is when you actually see drips rather than just a greasy sheen. Sounds like you are OK.

BTW, welcome to the community.

Cheers,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

Thanks!

Where do you get your parts? IPD, or are there good local (or even just Canadian) sources?

I ordered some doodads:
    • Headlight wiper blades;
    • Front and rear rubber floor mats;
    • Rubber cargo mat;
    • Front and rear mudflaps.

I ended up getting them from the dealer. After duty and shipping from IPD or FCP Groton, the dealer wound up being only $20 more. No hassles with shipping and the chance to introduce myself at the dealership seemed like the smart choice.

After two weeks of driving, the car is back at the shop today to see if they can find the oil leak.

Quote Originally Posted by cheapo View Post
    I ordered some doodads:
    • Headlight wiper blades;
    • Front and rear rubber floor mats;
    • Rubber cargo mat;
    • Front and rear mudflaps.

I ended up getting them from the dealer. After duty and shipping from IPD or FCP Groton, the dealer wound up being only $20 more. No hassles with shipping and the chance to introduce myself at the dealership seemed like the smart choice.

After two weeks of driving, the car is back at the shop today to see if they can find the oil leak.
    I have never had one problem shipping, etc. with getting my bits at FCP and having them sent here. And I'm a whole another day from Halifax shipping- wise but get great service from Purlator. Of course for me going to the dealer is $40 in gas and a half day on the road rather than just going across the bridge like you can.

Cheers,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12