Default 4x4 Lifted XC70 Build

Finally getting around to posting my lifted XC70 build. My mechanic Dave Vallaincourt and I**started work on this at the beginning of my sophomore year in college this year.
    The lift is fully custom (I didn't use the badswede lift kit) and we used xc90 coils to gain the necessary stiffness and height. The wheels ares spaced out from the body 1.25". I'm running 31" BFG rugged terrain tires and cut out the internal fender guards to fit the larger wheel size.
    Also added 30,000 lumen LED bar on the roof, and a custom TIG welded brush guard with Hella 500ff lights.

Thoughts, suggestions anyone? I'm thinking the ipd skid plate and possibly the addition of some side step bars.

Love that look... That is just what I want mine to look like... Well not exactly... but more offroad. So all you did was swap springs with an XC90? No other suspension mods?

That looks sick! That's exactly how I'd want mine to look someday, just silver.

Do you have any detail pics or more info on the lift? I'm very curious.

As far as step bars, that's a big nay from me. The car isn't tall enough for anyone to need assistance getting in, and the typical step bar provides no protection off road. On the other hand, if you make side rails that tuck up close to the rocket to avoid losing ground clearance (why lift the car only to then add an accessory that robs ground clearance and visuall6 lowers it?), and are heavy duty enough to support the weight of the car, then go for it. Those will be functional in that they will protect the rockers when offroading (if you do that). I ran this style on my old Grand Cherokee. Look up "rock sliders" or "rock rails" to see what I mean.

I'd also definitely go with some skidplating, esp if you take it offroad.

Good luck with it, and let's see some action pics!
    Silver '07 Adventure Series

Quote Originally Posted by neokhz View Post
    Love that look... That is just what I want mine to look like... Well not exactly... but more offroad. So all you did was swap springs with an XC90? No other suspension mods?
    Thanks!! Sorry I've been out of touch, its been a busy couple of weeks. The lift is 3" in the front and around 4" in the back, also with 31" tires. As far as the build, we followed IPD's Team Ken build log HERE: http://www.ipdusa.com/blogs/286/team-ken
    Essentially we did everything the same just without the badswede kit and we added some body spacer lift.

Looking good.

Did you use the XC90 shocks/struts or just the springs?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	131018_1007.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	7598

Quote Originally Posted by 03 XC70 AT View Post
    Looking good.

Did you use the XC90 shocks/struts or just the springs?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	131018_1007.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	7598

so was this BS or did he actually use xc90 parts?

Looks beastly snarly... but do you think those headlight wipers are done when you run through heavy enough brush. Think of putting a grille over them? Can attach at top to the radiator support and at bottom under the headlight attach bolts...