good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Da Tow'd View Post
    Red sky at night
    a delight
    good stuff
    On this side of the Pond we say........
    "Red sky at night Sailors delight.
    Red sky in the morning Sailors warning"

Glad you like the pictures and the colours..........

Now just wait till you see the next few, as I think the Sunset tonight was in a way more powerful, but that's Mother Nature for you.......

Overland to Morocco.
    Winter 2016-2017

Stage 7F – Our eighth day here in Sidi Ouassai

While having to get out of nice warm bed in the small hours of the morning to answer a call of nature is I guess one of the downsides of getting older, but each time it happens I take a look outside and see quite a nice view of all the heavenly stars.
    So at 04:30hrs this morning after satisfying that ‘call of nature’ I got dressed and took the camera outside along with the tripod to try and get a couple of nice pictures but just my luck as I looked at the pictures later it didn’t work!
    Grumble grumble!…..

However I did manage to get what I think is a rather eerie picture of the Moonlight on the sea…..

Then as nothing happened worth noting today it was once again time for the Sunset only this time there was a very long dark cloud in the sky which produced a whole new difference in the colours…..

Even though the sky seemed to be on fire, the temperature had dropped quite significantly and I was glad I made sure I had my fleece jacket on as there are quite a few people here who seem to be suffering with colds or some form of influenza!......

Good night……

You are getting some great sunset pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by ssicarman View Post
    You are getting some great sunset pictures.
    Thanks ssicarman!

I hope they make you feel a bit warmer as I think over there you are having some pretty low temperatures at the moment!

Overland to Morocco.
    Winter 2016-2017

Stage 8 – Back on the road from Sidi Ouassai to Tiznit

After our last day here at Wassay Beach Camping and a very nice but ‘plain’ Sunset this evening…..

As I then turned through 180 Degrees to see what looked like a full moon creeping up over the blocks of flats just outside the campsite…..

It was time to hit the road once again for the short trip to the city of Tiznit as we came away from the campsite and made our way through the village of Agbalou the road suddenly became wider, then as we got out the other side it narrowed again! Don’t follow the logic of why that happens as we have seen it in a number of places……

The as we get back on the Route National ‘N1’ we run into several sections of ‘Road Works’ where not only do they have the Speed Limit signs but they also have elevated sections of tarmacadam across the road that slow you down or break your suspension if you try to go over them to fast!!......

After getting through the sections of ‘Roadworks’ and then calling into a fuel station to fill the tank with diesel in ‘Flamenco Red’ as there has just been the first hike in the prices over here but thankfully it hasn’t gone up by as much as some places we have heard about, we roll into Tiznit and one of the gates to the Medina

Having then tried to ‘Check in’ to the Camping International Tiznit the man there was not happy at being presented with our copy passports that have been accepted everywhere else, as the real ones are locked away for security, so we pulled out, parked up and went shopping for some much needed items in the local supermarket , but they didn’t sell any vegetables or fruit!

So we went to an alternative campsite, Camping Tizerzite who accepted the copy passports. Got set up on a place and then went back into Tiznit for the Fruit & Veg!

As we came to all the stalls there was plenty of variety and it was all fresh produce, unlike some of the supermarkets we frequent back home!

As we then went for a stroll around……

Outside the Medina are quite a few Cactus plants but no fruit on them yet……

Then just a little bit further along the road we spot this double mattress that seems to be still in use, maybe a good ‘Stargazing’ spot!......

As we then pass a property with some nice flowers growing inside while all the broken glass cemented into the top of the wall acts as a deterrent to anyone contemplating trying to get in!.....

Time to head back to the alternative campsite ‘Tizerzite’ and it’s wide open space as there are only 10 Campers in the place including us!......

The ‘facilities’ which are very clean and provide very HOT water when taking a shower!......

As we then looked across the campsite we could see 2 small animals running around in the rocks, but could not quite make out what they were…...
    So getting the camera and trying to be as quiet as possible I set off to get closer, and this is what I got to see!......

Looks like a ‘Chipmunk’?......

Back in Wassay Beach after a couple of days you got used to the noise of the waves pounding on the beach, while coming here the contrast with what amounts to total ‘Silence’ is amazing, so I might get a good night’s sleep!......

Good night……

Quote Originally Posted by XCovlov70 View Post
    Thanks ssicarman!

I hope they make you feel a bit warmer as I think over there you are having some pretty low temperatures at the moment!
    This week day time temperatures are hitting tropical minus 10. Don't think about the night time temperatures, you may never warm up.

Quote Originally Posted by ssicarman View Post
    This week day time temperatures are hitting tropical minus 10. Don't think about the night time temperatures, you may never warm up.

Sounds like you need 2 Pairs of Thermal Pyjamas along with a very thick Duvet and an Electric Blanket you can safely keep running over night over there?

While I need something to shift this head cold that has been bugging me for the last 5 weeks, and nothing seems to be helping at the moment!!

Overland to Morocco.
    Winter 2016-2017

Stage 8A – Campsite Move in Tiznit

We received a message letting us know that there is a campsite much closer to Tiznit that is not large, has excellent facilities and good communication links, so as Tizerzite has no communication links and the Maroc Dongle was not doing very well we decided after the first night to move to Targua International Camping but taking a slightly longer route as initially the GPS wanted us to go through the centre of Tiznit and the road with all the fruit and vegetable stalls which was a definite ‘No-No’!......

So after going around the town and coming in from the North, and through this little village…..

We arrive at this rather nice site…..

After getting set up we went into Tiznit to have a short look around before meeting up with some friends for coffee, so you cannot miss seeing the Medina wall as you head in……

While walking around inside the Medina we came to this old Water Well site which has from memory been refurnished from the last time we were here, while the Well shaft itself has been covered over......

But there must be some water still around as these plants were still OK……

While a bit further down the road was the Mosque but we have never seen one with the wooden branches sticking out of the corners like this one has……

Then making a right turn we come to ‘Le Source Bleu’ which is the original water source of the city with the two ‘beehive’ shaped structures on the far side……

Not entirely sure what these were used for…..

While inside there are steps going down, but as the doorway has a locked gate on it then you cannot go down to see what is there……

Rather nice entrance to a house in the road……

As we then made our way back to the main road through the Medina we saw all this smoke and wondered what it was?
    It’s the Boulangerie making more bread as they had none for sale when we went into the shop to get some, but the man behind the counter had no problem in advising us of another Boulangerie just a bit further up the road!......

Met up with our friends for a coffee and a chat, then made our way back to the campsite for a quiet evening and to firstly get some medicine inside me to try and sort out this head cold that has been bugging me for the last month, then see if I could make any progress on obtaining the parts for the ‘TinTent’ repair, then as it got dark we found this ‘visitor’ on the top of one of the chairs we use outside……

That’s it for today! I’m sneezing my head off here, so I’m going to bed!!!

Good night……

Overland to Morocco.
    Winter 2016-2017

Stage 8B – Tiznit City strolling around looking at life here

We spent today having a nice leisurely stroll around Tiznit looking at different aspects of the city……

As we come up to the Medina and one of the gates while on the opposite side of the road is this Cactus with what look like ripe red fruits on the top……

Then we crossed over and went into the Medina through this gate…..

As we crossed over the road to go through the gate the view up the road gives you some idea of the size of the Medina by the length of the wall and we were perhaps 1/3 of the way along from the bottom!……

While on the inside as it was just after 09:30 some of the small shops were still closed……

But this lady was out shopping for different items while balancing her shopping bag on her head, as she was eating a piece of bread presumably for her breakfast!......

Tiznit being famous for silver jewellery, you see some shops in small areas offering ‘Bijoux’ and this was one……

Mopeds either waiting for new owners or repair……

As we pass this small garden quite close to the Army Barracks……

Entrance to one of the smaller Souk’s which is being refurbished…..

With only a couple of the shops open…..

Shopping arcade along one of the roads inside the Medina……

Turning right at the end of the shopping arcade you see this large entrance gate to the Medina……

Outside that large entrance gate on the opposite side of the road is this area. On the left you have a fairly large covered market while on the right you have a number of Café’s, Patisseries’, Hotel and a couple of Banks, while the Gendarme keeps an eye on things……

After paying a visit to one of the Patisseries that also had a Café attached so it was possible to enjoy a coffee and a nice cake, we crossed back over the road and went into the Market in which you could buy meat, vegetables, fruit, clothes, household items, mobile phones etc etc ……

Then coming back out and around the corner we see this man on the floor with what looks like ‘wood chips’ in a pile in front of him. (Next picture towards the top middle)

The man then saw us and offered us two small pieces which we then were prompted to put in our mouth as other people were doing the same……

As our saliva softened the ‘wood’ we got the taste of Aniseed, and that is what the man was selling!......

With a quick look back as we came back across the road and went through the large gate……

We then see all the places trying to see anything and everything the majority of which are all second hand items and looking at some of the things that were being offered was both interesting and fascinating…..

Then moving further inside the Medina we come to a large area, where the car parking is controlled by 2 or 3 Guardiens and you have to pay to leave your vehicle there, while if you wish there are several men who for a price will wash and dry it for you if you want!…..

While in among all the hustle and bustle is this school……

Hopefully more tomorrow as that head cold of mine is still persisting!!......

Good night……