Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

HI forum.An update a very bad one. Yesterday I drove the car 50 km highway driving at 44+c. Was driving 60-70 mph when I got heavy slipping (Rev goes up 2-3k up to 4 k and car goes the same peace,no acceleration ) and suddenly a bang, clunk and "transmission service urgent" and check engine,but no drive D and a "--" on the dash board. The car was stuck in 3 Rd or 4 th gear and somehow got home slowly. Today I disconnected the battery before starting the car and Drive "D" was back on the dash. Drove the car all was good normal but the check engine light and transmission service urgent were still here. A year before this I got the transmission service REQUIRED light and codes p0740 and p1618, cleared the codes and all was good for a year. Guys help please, I changed everything that was defective on the car new coils new sparks new maf sensor everything from bosch.new filters new belts tensioners,new water pump,thermostat coolant,new engine radiator,new heater core,new inner tie rods,new front bushings, alignment. also all the mounts rods and everything that was needed for her to operate like it should and she refuses... :@ 4 d&f total and one full flush with Mobil. New angle gear oil and rear diff oil genuine volvo. And a month ago new car battery. So after investing a lot of money in the car, now I have the biggest problem...I don't know what to do.the car looks brand new inside out,but clearly it is a money pit. What should I do next? Burn it down or try something:-S I have e new job and a small baby so im depending from the volvo. Though it was the propeler shaft that is giving me a vibration and ringing sound but maybe it was the gearbox,as the loud clunk was like a bell a loud bang ringing sound when it was trying to change gear or something,so maybe the ringing sound and vibration was from the gearbox all the time, while I was thinking it was the propshaft or driveline related.now the car drives fine but I feel it it won't be long as those bangs are waiting to happen, and maybe break something.
    Any help,advice would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by dejanaleksov View Post
    Guys help please, I changed everything that was defective on the car new coils new sparks new maf sensor everything from bosch.new filters new belts tensioners,new water pump,thermostat coolant,new engine radiator,new heater core,new inner tie rods,new front bushings, alignment. also all the mounts rods and everything that was needed for her to operate like it should and she refuses...
    Seems like early in this thread we suggested you may be experiencing shifting problems due to a worn valve body. My car was throwing the P0740 code and going into Limp Mode until I replaced it. Have you considered replacing your VB? Now vtl has suggested adding HFM lubeguard but that's something I don't have experience with.
    2007 XC70, 206,000 miles
    2002 V70XC, 130,000 miles, parts car

Loud bang is transmission went into 4th gear with torque converter locked. Engine's power is limited.

Transmission internal vibration is most often a failed torque converter. Other symptoms you've described also indicate a worn valve body. Your best bet is either to get rid of the car or replace a transmission. Torque converter or valve body alone won't fully cure it.
    2002 V70 (sold)
    2005 XC70 (Telos Road took it. Did a chassis swap)
    2016 XC60 (sold, P.O.S.)

What gearbox should I search for? I know that 01 and 02 are compatible right? Can I search from other volvo models? My gearbox manufacturer plate says
    Aw55-50SN.
    00M-V70-707655
    9480 897

AW50-50SN is what you need.
    2002 V70 (sold)
    2016 XC60 (sold, P.O.S.)

I found a remanufactured in Switzerland with 50k miles. 600 e + 200 e for removing and installing the box. The attachment shows the plate from the new transmission, and in the beginning of this thread is attached the plate from my factory transmission that is in the v70XC. Only difference is in the numbers in the upper right corner of the transmission's manufacturer plate, I dont know if it is compatible, also can I attached the angle gear on this "new"box?so I can keep the awd driveline?any thoughts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190811_201345.JPG  

Here is the plate from the gearbox that is in my car for comparisons?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190811_202943.JPG  

Thanks for the explanation vtl.thats exactly what's happened.

Forum members, I need to swap this box with mine.can someone confirm please?

From what car this gbox is coming from?
    2002 V70 (sold)
    2016 XC60 (sold, P.O.S.)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast