Thread: 2005 model

Default Imported post

Just wondering what to expect....out '02 has been a flawless performer, other than the normal spongy handling and odd shifting transmission, its been a great car.

The built in booster seats are essential, and the car is a great road trip vehicle.

Looking forward to a moderate restyle and perhaps a new engine option for 2005. Anybody heard anything else?

Gundo.

Here's a look at what I found on Volvospy.com

Default Imported post

Hi Gundo !

Here´s what I found on Volvospy. The article is from a Swedish newspaper :

The new models will be shown at Birmingham car exibition at the end of May. Facelift on S60 and V70 is shown more pronounced in the front, more slender and like the new S40, but the front lights wipers is sadly replaced with highpressure wipers. Some parts of the body will be painted in the same color as the car, rear back light and the bumber in front and rear will be changed. Chassi and engine will be renewed some and interior will also get some new minor changes. XC70 will be changed most with new plastic details that will make the car look more like XC90. The biggest news on the cars will be the new surveillance system for "dead angel". Volvo has developed the system "Blis" (Blind spot information system). It is small videocameras in the side mirrors that can see cars behind You in the blind spot between the interior and exterior mirrors. The new facelift will be valid until 2007 when the completely new Volvo family based on the new P3-platform will be presented. It is in full work in Sweden now. It will probably be first a new but rather traditional S80, then V70 and S60 that will be considerably more sporty than today. XC90 will be upgraded in 2 years and will be replaced in 2009. The biggest step will be the interior with luxury beyond the usual. Audi is the car maker it will match and Volvo do not want to be a step behind. There will also be a new cab S70.

They are going to take away the headlight wipers  They must be mad ! Theese wipers makes the light crisp and clear at any time. SAD !

It will be interesting to see in what degree they will change the mouldings !

Mikael
    XC 70 2,5 -04, silver, summer: Momo with Michelin 235/50-18", winter: Oxigin with Nokian 235/50-18" with SPIKES,

Default Imported post

From my experience of another make of car with "fire-hose" jets, you shouldn't be too disappointed that the headlamp wipers will go - they worked fine, but consumed large amounts of fluid. Compared wth that vehicle's wipers it was a slight improvement.

As to the colour-coordinated trims - I was glad to get rid of them, costly to have resprayed when damaged and coloured versions not available from Volvo. Afrer all it's the macho lumps of plastic which marks the XC's from the rest and says, Hey fellas I'm going up the trail today Eeeeeeeeeeeeeehah. Or some such.

On a more sensible note, the plain plastic hides up the supermarket parkers' scrapes.

It'll all be back to plain next session.
    Just a thought.
    Mike.

Mine: XC 70 Sport 2009 D5 Inscription Electric Blue.
    VNS, DSTC and 4C, BLIS, LDW ventilated leather ACC; Yummy.

All gone now - XC70 MY 13 SE LUX Flamenco red - goes better than the '09 even with its "Polestar plus" upgrade. I justy miss the PCC...

Hers: V60 Flamenco Red 215HP D5 (like above XC70 spec)

Default Imported post

I'm not going to buy this year but another post had this and I would wait to see what comes of any photos??? if any from Birmingham. I am just as eager to see what the new XC70 is going to be like but everyone keeps on showing the S80 which is getting to me now. I can't see how the S80 relates to a XC70!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (First with XC News @ April 30 2004,23:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I will be travelling to the UK Motorshow in Birmingham in a few weeks time. I will be bringing you all the latest news on the new V70XC including photographs that will be exclusive to this site.

I will also be speaking with representives of VCC from Sweden and VCUK in the UK about future developments relating to Volvo cars.

If you have any questions you would like me to put to these people, could you please add a reply to the bottom of this message.

I hope you will be pleased with the results that come from this meeting and the photographs that will also include the new Executive XC90.

The offical launch and World debut will happen at 11.00 BST and I hope the photos will follow soon afterwards.

Further details of the motorshow can be found at The Sunday Times Motorshow

There will also be a new attraction and a first at any World Motorshow of a new driving arena where you can test drive amongst other vehicles, XC70&#39;s and XC90&#39;s, further details can be had from the web site.

In addition, Volvo&#39;s latest rear seat entertainment system, available from Volvo dealers as an accessory for most models, can be seen fitted to an XC90 on the Volvo stand.

Volvo for Life

First with XC News [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AWD*V70XC @ May 04 2004,13:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">... but everyone keeps on showing the S80 which is getting to me now.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    These photos at top show the 2005 S60, not the S80.
    Raynald
    Former owner of a 2001 V70XC Nautic Blue
    Sept 2003 - April 2007
    « Sold » with 167,427 km on the clock, to my stepson...
    Still proudly showing volvoXC.com Sticker for posterity !!!

Default Imported post

Sorry, I forgot to change it when proof reading, I meant to say S60.

Default Imported post

Gundo&#39;s S60 pics also show the European headlight pods. The inner lamp is the DRL in USA and not a real headlight by any means.

I believe the new S40 and V50 are the favorites from Volvo in 2005.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AWD*V70XC @ May 05 2004,04:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can&#39;t see how the S60 relates to a XC70&#33;&#33;[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    If you look at the Enlarged Photo of the interior You can tell that this is infact the 05&#39; V70. &nbsp;

More enlarged pics In this previous thread
    2002 V70XC w/volvoXC.com stickers! MTE Stage 3+