Thread: Clock

Default Clock

One of the smaller gripes I have with my MY04 is the boring digital clock. I was reminded of this again last night as I looked at an ad for some new Buick minivan/SUV/crossover thing. Like so many new cars, it had a nice analog clock right in the center of the dash. I find this approach much more appealing than the flourescent digital clock in the speedometer or tach.

Judging from the photos I've seen posted, it looks like this new model S80/V70/XC70 retains the digital clock on the dash cluster. Can anyone confirm?

Am I the only one who feels this way? A minor point, I realize.
    '04 XC70 (petrol/auto), Nautic Blue / Graphite, Premium, Touring, Boosters, Xenia Wheels w/235x60 Nokian WR's (wife's kid-hauler)
    '09 C70 retractable hard top convertible. Red with black interior.

I don't know first hand, but from the photos I've seen, yes for the '08 model, the clock remains in the driver instrument cluster.

And yes I also agree it's a little silly. Over the years I've had numerous comment from passengers asking "doesn't this car have a clock?". In all other cars I've driven which have a clock, it has always been in the centre console where everyone can see it - whether it be digital or analogue.

Tony