Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    XCelerate Guest

Default I ordered one yesterday

Yesterday I decided to trade in my current XC70 for the 2008 model.
    2008 Volvo XC70 3.2 AWD Geartronic Summum, electric silver.
    Active Driving Line, Family Line, Mobility Line with Premium Sound, subwoofers, rear seat entertainment, extra tinted glass, parking heater with timer and remote control, sunroof, roof spoiler, private locking, modern wood inlays, ventilated leather, Minos 18 inch rims, park assist front and rear.

The dealer gave me a good deal on the trade in. It will arrive in October, maybe later.

Why did I do it? I just like the new XC70 a lot.

Not sure yet if it will be the 3.2 6 cil or the D5.
    Last edited by XCelerate; 09-26-2008 at 01:27 PM.

Congrat!!
    You might be the first one on here to own one.
    2002 V70XC w/volvoXC.com stickers! MTE Stage 3+

Congratulations,
    What were the exterior color options? Is there a website yet that shows all the options you can build into it? What are the Active Driving Line, Family Line, Mobility Line details?
    07 XC - Ruby Red/Taupe/Touring, Climate & Prem. pkgs

XCelerate Guest

Default Lines

Thanks.

There is a website available that shows all the options for the new XC70 (Volvo Sweden): http://www.volvocars.se/ Notice the chrome lining around the side windows on the attached picture? Maybe part of the Summum package.

The options are shown in the system the Volvo dealer uses to prepare proposals. Also, my dealer gave me copies of the internal sales info that has been made available to dealers.

The lines include (sorry for the unofficial / maybe crappy translation):

Active Driving Line:
    - Servotronic - speed sensitive power steering
    - heat blocking windshield
    - four-C chassis

Mobility Line:
    - RTI with TMC
    - Premium Sound Dynaudio
    - 6 CD changer
    - DVD Europe
    - Bluetooth handsfree system

Security Line:
    - Volvo Guard class III Alarm System
    - multilayer/laminated glass
    - personal security communicator / keyless drive

Family Line:
    - electric child safety locks
    - integrated booster seats
    - cupholders in arm rest back seat
    - hamburgertray and cupholder

Exterior Colour options:
    - 019 Black Stone
    - 614 Ice White
    - 426 Silver
    - 452 Black Sapphire
    - 477 Electric Silver
    - 484 Seashell
    - 454 Ruby Red
    - 466 Barents Blue
    - 471 Willow Green
    - 472 Oyster Grey
    Last edited by XCelerate; 04-18-2007 at 10:49 AM.

I have ordered one as well 2 weeks ago.
    Itīs upposed to be delivered in august however.

It became D5 automatic, Barents blue, Momentum

/Mats.

Default Good for you

It still amazes me that some people can just go out and buy a new vehicle without actually seeing it in the flesh. What if the new vehicle was not up to expectation would you just suffer on with it regardless??

Mind you I can talk, I did just that last October when replacing a works van, rang the dealer up and asked him how quick he could deliver?? He did not even have the order codes for it when I rang - lol.

Hope your wait is not too painful, shame you can't have it for the Summer months but you will at least have a good car for the Winter ahead. Well done

Quote Originally Posted by AWD*V70XC View Post
    It still amazes me that some people can just go out and buy a new vehicle without actually seeing it in the flesh. What if the new vehicle was not up to expectation would you just suffer on with it regardless??

Mind you I can talk, I did just that last October when replacing a works van, rang the dealer up and asked him how quick he could deliver?? He did not even have the order codes for it when I rang - lol.

Hope your wait is not too painful, shame you can't have it for the Summer months but you will at least have a good car for the Winter ahead. Well done
    Did the exact same thing with our 01 after looking at a v70.
    It was a long summer.

2005 XC70 Barents Blue & Taupe leather, deliv. 12/04, built 11/04
    Prem / Conv / Climate / DSTC / NAV / 650 / Sirius / 60/40 / 3rd Row / Boosters / Thule / Weathertech mats / Mud Flaps / 46% Tint / Nokian WR SUVs

serviced by Red Bank Volvo, NJ & Volvo Westport, CT
    2001 V70XC~someone else's problem vehicle now
    VolvoClub ofAmerica

XCelerate Guest

Default buying from the brochure

I don't know about Mats, but I had a chance to have a good look at the car on the Amsterdam Motor Show (RAI). There, I could see, feel, smell, sit in, crawl over, rub and even lick (if I wanted to ) the new XC70. But, I could not drive it of course. I simply expect it to drive at least as nice as my current car. It has Four-C, which I really like on my current car.
    The thing is, I'd been busy thinking of getting the Audi A6 Allroad for half a year. Drove it, worried about getting the 3.0TDI, the 3.2 V6 or the V8. Picked a color, had a good trade-in deal for the XC70 (48,000 euro for a delivery in June; yes, price includes taxes), etc. But somehow I could not decide before I saw the new XC70 in real life. I waited, and decided for the XC70 and against the Audi.
    This stuff tends to drive me nuts, so I'm glad the decision has been made. Normally I hesitate for weeks to choose the color (Volvo colors are not very interesting or sometimes a bit weird even, there is not even a nice dark blue color for the XC70), but now I was sure it had to be Electric Silver.
    Still not sure about the engine though, a (tuned) D5 or the new 3.2 6 cil (you can alter that until some weeks before actual production of the car). Any thoughts?

BTW, there is no full brochure available yet about the car, just a thin folder. I ordered a brochure thru the Swedish website, but I'm afraid it will never arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by XCelerate View Post
    This stuff tends to drive me nuts, so I'm glad the decision has been made. Normally I hesitate for weeks to choose the color (Volvo colors are not very interesting or sometimes a bit weird even, there is not even a nice dark blue color for the XC70), but now I was sure it had to be Electric Silver.
    Still not sure about the engine though, a (tuned) D5 or the new 3.2 6 cil (you can alter that until some weeks before actual production of the car). Any thoughts?

BTW, there is no full brochure available yet about the car, just a thin folder. I ordered a brochure thru the Swedish website, but I'm afraid it will never arrive.
    You always go with a diesel. I wish we had diesels in this country. I can't understand why Americans fear modern diesels.

Ta-ta, j.
    Second gen., Nautical Blue XC70Volvo: "Anything else just isn't up to it" and Wife's Volvo S70: "In manual Transmission She Trusts"

BTW, there is no full brochure available yet about the car, just a thin folder. I ordered a brochure thru the Swedish website, but I'm afraid it will never arrive.[/QUOTE]i'm quite happy with the d5 185hp, but i make 35k km per year so i could not afford a 3.2 6 cyl. with half kms/year i would go for the 3.2.
    i will shift to the new xc70 only if i'll find a good deal as it happened with my current '06: 18% off from purchase price.
    ciao

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast