XCelerate Guest

Default new XC70 life on the Amsterdam Motorshow

Today I went to the RAI Motorshow in Amsterdam, mainly to check out the new XC70 in real life. I really like this new Volvo. The 3D view really makes the difference. I was afraid I would not like the rear-end with all the plastic, but it simply looks good. Also the silver plastic things on the bumpers look OK in real life. I was afraid they would be a turn-off, quod non. On the official photos they seem to attract a lot of attention, but they just look OK (imho). Judging from the material you could easily have them spray-painted in the color of the car or the bumpers; I wouldn’t do it.
    The interior is more spacey and it looks really stylish. The built-in DVD screens are nice and the panels to use them look good. I took a picture of the DVD unit in the center console, where also the Ipod, MP3 and aux connections are located.

I must admit I was considering to replace my current XC70 for an Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 TDI or 4.2 FSI. That car looks good in quartz silver, but compared to the new XC70 it just lacks the sturdy character. Also the Volvo's interior is more appealing to me. I changed my mind, no Audi, I will probably be one of the first to order this new XC70. I am really impressed with this new car, and I did not expect that to be the case after seeing the official photos.

I took some pictures; it was not easy because of all the people around the car.
    Last edited by XCelerate; 09-26-2008 at 01:27 PM.

Nice pictures of the new XC70. I am looking forward to seeing one in person this fall at my dealer. But I like my 2006 so much I don't know if I will be interested in trading, but who knows.
    2006 XC70 Ruby Red, mfg 03/06 (traded)
    2005 S80 Ash Gold, mfg 11/04
    2016 XC60 T6 mfg 04/15

Quote Originally Posted by XCelerate View Post
    ... Also the silver plastic things on the bumpers look OK in real life. I was afraid they would be a turn-off, quod non. On the official photos they seem to attract a lot of attention, but they just look OK (imho). Judging from the material you could easily have them spray-painted in the color of the car or the bumpers; I wouldn’t do it.....
    Did you notice if those silver 'rings' are seperate pieces of if they are molded into the bumper cover? They would be far more paintable if they are seperate, and it would then be reversable too.
    '04 XC70 (petrol/auto), Nautic Blue / Graphite, Premium, Touring, Boosters, Xenia Wheels w/235x60 Nokian WR's (wife's kid-hauler)
    '09 C70 retractable hard top convertible. Red with black interior.

XCelerate Guest

Default separate

They are separate from the bumpers.

Queens, New York City, United States Of America

that XC looks nice, can imagine if they put that v8 in there.
    TyranT
    2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S CVT
    HID 6000k,LED'S 20% tint
    2000 Volvo V70XC AWD (SOLD)
    HID Lows/Fogs 6000k, 50%/35% tint, Dual Exhaust, Speedtuning ECU upgrade
    1997 Volvo 965 - 50%/35% tint
    1997 Nissan Altima HID 6000k/ Intake