Default Oil in spark plug well

I just had my 105K maintenance and saved $90 by replacing the plugs myself. I then noticed that two of the inboard plugs were sitting in a bath of oil. There is oil on the top but not "filled" to the brim. Has anyone seen this and what could be the cause. I have no visible external oil leak (on the driveway) and my oil in the car is fine. The mechanic did say they replaced the oil cap seal for me though.
    Thanks

Your mechanic was right in doing such things. When I got my 855 and XC I replaced the oil cap seals and now the engine compartment looks much better (after a good cleaning) and it stays clean.
    98 XC70 150k : 2006 XC90 (In the family)
    83 245DL 172k : 2006 S60 (also not mine)
    95 855 GLT 138k

Quote Originally Posted by Beiner View Post
    Your mechanic was right in doing such things. When I got my 855 and XC I replaced the oil cap seals and now the engine compartment looks much better (after a good cleaning) and it stays clean.
    What did you clean yours with? and did you have to cover anything up or make sure some of the cleaning stuff didn't get on certain things?

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhipdefuser View Post
    What did you clean yours with? and did you have to cover anything up or make sure some of the cleaning stuff didn't get on certain things?
    I covered nothing. I get the engine to running temp and keep the engine running while I steam clean it, usually with a hot water pressure washer, i.e steam cleaner. I just stay away from the alternator and never directly spray any sensors or injection or ignition related components.
    98 XC70 150k : 2006 XC90 (In the family)
    83 245DL 172k : 2006 S60 (also not mine)
    95 855 GLT 138k

Be cautious using a pressure washer:

I used a pressure washer on my '03 XC70's engine & it cleaned it fine. However, I learned the hard way that some of the engine cover components have a clear protective coating which can be washed off by pressure washing....

Bill
    Bill
    63 PV544 (attempted restoration)
    83 245 DL OSD (transferred to son)
    85 240 GL OSD (transferred to son)
    03 XC70 OSD (traded-in 4/12)
    05 AWD S80 OSD (transferred to son)
    12 XC70 T6
    16 S60 T5 Drive-E (FWD)