Default Steering Noise after Tie Rod Recall ?

I have noticed a noise from the steering as you turn the wheel. This has started since the recall work on the tie rods was performed. It tends to be more evident when the outside temp is cool. While sitting in the driver seat you can feel a slight vibration under your feet. It sounds as if the pump is starved for power steering fluid. However, that is not the case. Has anyone experienced this on their xc90? It just ssems odd that this started following the recall work.
    Last edited by 1 swt wrl; 02-26-2007 at 08:25 PM.

Default steering noises

Interesting, I had the tie-rod replacement done several years ago (04 XC90 T6) and recently have been noticing a steering pump sound when im moving the wheel sharply (esp at low speed). Feel a little through the weel (possibly a slight stiffening of the steering effort) but nothing thru the floor.

Separately, I will mention that not long after the tie rod replacement I thought I might be experiencing the problem again (clunking sound you can hear and feel thru wheel and floor). I took the dealer's tech for a drive to the location I could consistently repeat the problem (a bumpy highway onramp) and showed him the clunking noise and vibration under my feet (as you describe).
    After a lot of diligence by the dealer we concluded that the bumps on the onramp were setting off the anti-spin software, and the vibration was the ABS pulsation as the car applied brakes to counteract what it thought was a spin. We confirmed it by turning off the DSTC and the vibration didnt occur when we went over the bumps.
    You didnt mention what driving conditions your noise happens, but if it is while turning at moderate to high speeds, you might want to give this a try and see if turning off the DSTC eliminates the vibration.