Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I need to make a decision on these tires this week. I checked today and our local tire place has quoted me a price of 179.24 each, Mounted and balanced, for the Nokian wr 235-65-17. I want to make sure I am making the right decision. It seems as though the Nokians are at the top of the charts from Volvo XC owners. Something else, would it make sense if it will work, what about going with a slightly wider tire? Just some food for thought. Any responses would be appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 1 swt wrl View Post
    I need to make a decision on these tires this week. I checked today and our local tire place has quoted me a price of 179.24 each, Mounted and balanced, for the Nokian wr 235-65-17. I want to make sure I am making the right decision. It seems as though the Nokians are at the top of the charts from Volvo XC owners. Something else, would it make sense if it will work, what about going with a slightly wider tire? Just some food for thought. Any responses would be appreciated. Thanks!
    I've had my Nokians on for about two weeks now, and perhaps they've broken in some(?), because they're doing great. The sidewall stiffness seems to have loosened up a bit, and honestly I don't even notice that I've changed tires now. Serious stability, fast and quiet. They look freaking cool, too. Probably the most high-tech set of tires I've ever owned.

At least you've got a dealer nearby to deal with any issues you have, I had to order from an internet dealer.

Buy them now.

I use studded Nokian Hakka SUV 5 in wintertime and they are great on snow and ice And in summertime i use the Nokian Nrvi. If you get "round" corners then check your tires air pressure. Its importent to chek the air pressure frequently if you want to to keep your tires fit for a long time. If you go for a wider tyre you get more sliding surface thats bad in winter but more contact surface on dry and wet roads. Look at wrc cars on winter races, they have slim tires and Formula 1 cars have wide surfaces. 235 is a nice width for allround driving with your XC
    NO(R)WAY

Question for those of you mounting Nokian WR SUV tires: What wheel size are you on? I was told by one of my service checkin guys that the heavy duty Michelin Pilot MXV4's are the only tires that were rated for the maximum load weight of the XC90 in the wheel size I have -- so I guess I may have 18 inchers? Does that make any sense? The idea of converting to the Nokians appeals to me since we hope to make the occasional trip to the mountains, but it's starting to sound like I might need new wheels to accomplish that.
    Last edited by kageryu; 02-08-2007 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kageryu View Post
    Question for those of you mounting Nokian WR SUV tires: What wheel size are you on? I was told by one of my service checkin guys that the heavy duty Michelin Pilot MXV4's are the only tires that were rated for the maximum load weight of the XC90 in the wheel size I have -- so I guess I may have 18 inchers? Does that make any sense? The idea of converting to the Nokians appeals to me since we hope to make the occasional trip to the mountains, but it's starting to sound like I might need new wheels to accomplish that.
    I have 235-65-17 tires. I have not heard of that. I spoke w/ a tire store this am and was asked if I was interested in the pilot mxv4's. I read some good reviews last evening on the Nokian WR's. I am going to get mine on order this afternoon or first thing tomorrow. Again those are on 17" rims. Reply back if you hear anything more on your rims. That sounds odd to me. Sorry I could not be much help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12