Thread: Xenon-Bi-xenon?

Default Xenon-Bi-xenon?

How can you see if its xenon or bi-xenon?
    NO(R)WAY

When you pull back on the Hi-Beam.

Regular Xenon: The Low-Beam has no vertical movement.

Bi-Xenon: The Low-Beam will move up and illuminate further out. And when you change from Hi-Beam to Low-Beam, the Low-Beam Xenon will move back down to regular position.
    2002 V70XC w/volvoXC.com stickers! MTE Stage 3+

Thanks ifnt420, my lights moves vertical up when hi-beam is turned on, so i have bi-xenon but i think at the same time there is also a regular bulb that lights up on hi-beam, i thought that when it is bi-xenon there where 2 xenon bulbs, one for low beam and one for hi beam, but now i know better
    NO(R)WAY

Quote Originally Posted by No(r)way View Post
    Thanks ifnt420, my lights moves vertical up when hi-beam is turned on, so i have bi-xenon but i think at the same time there is also a regular bulb that lights up on hi-beam, i thought that when it is bi-xenon there where 2 xenon bulbs, one for low beam and one for hi beam, but now i know better
    Yes, the Euro spec Volvos (especially S60/V70) are lucky since we have a Booster Hi-beam next to our Low-beams. In the U.S. it is replaced by a small/dark Daytime Running Light (DRL); so when you need Hi-Beam, the only help is that the Xenon moves up...... NOT very effective, and so dangerous.
    2002 V70XC w/volvoXC.com stickers! MTE Stage 3+