Default 1999 v70 xc speed sensor code po702

I took my vehicle to my mechanic and he plugged it up to the computer. I have been having a check engine light come on. The computer spit out a speed sensor code of po702. Does anyone have any idea what this code may be. My mechanic said he can not find anything published on the code. One of the 20% that Volvo does not have to publish.

This is the second computer problem i have had in the last 6 months and they occur a few weeks after taking it to the Volvo dealership to get work done.

P0702 as a generic OBDII code indicates a problem with the "Transmission Control System Electrical"

Bill
    Bill
    63 PV544 (attempted restoration)
    83 245 DL OSD (transferred to son)
    85 240 GL OSD (transferred to son)
    03 XC70 OSD (traded-in 4/12)
    05 AWD S80 OSD (transferred to son)
    12 XC70 T6
    16 S60 T5 Drive-E (FWD)

Default Re

Bill or Anyone. Volvo just replace my throttle position switch. Now I know that the wiring harness runs through the trassmission. I'm guessing there is some sort of short being caused by the replacement of the wiring of that switch. Would that be a first guess?
    Last edited by geebee2; 11-22-2006 at 07:05 AM.

I'd suggest you take it back to the dealership and complain.

Like it or not, Volvo cars are now dependent on Volvo dealers. Volvo dealers are the only ones that know the failure codes. Moreover, they are the only ones that can re-program the onboard computers. Greatly increases the cost of owning a Volvo.

Making Volvo cars dependent on Volvo dealers is another dumb idea from the folks at Volvo. No dealer means no service. No dealers means that nobody should buy a Volvo unless they live close to a dealer. Since Volvo will never have enough dealers to cover the US and Canada, Volvo sales will decline. Just that simple.

I don't plan on buying any car in the future that is dependent on a dealer for service.

Edmonds17

Took it too the dealer. ABS control unit is the problem. Can't wait to spend a grand on a vehicle that I can only get 5-6 k for.

Quote Originally Posted by geebee2 View Post
    Took it too the dealer. ABS control unit is the problem. Can't wait to spend a grand on a vehicle that I can only get 5-6 k for.
    A re-build of the abs module is only ~$125. Here's one option http://home.earthlink.net/~vicrocha/
    01 XC70, Mistral Green, 85,000kms