Default Radio and lights Question

On both sides of the radio there are 2 pop in/pop out slider thingies....about 3mm x 30mm... when they pop out they look like two hooks??? what are they??

also on the left side beside the fog light switch is a switch that makes one rear light brighter than the rest ??? again.... can anyone explain...rear fog light??

The pop outs on the radio are handles that permit you to pull the radio out of the dashboard for servicing, or for access to things behind and below it.

The single rear fog light gives you enhanced visibility to other drivers under low visibility conditions. Its a red segment with a bright bulb on the left of the car. I also find it useful to illuminate my utility trailer when I am towing it so I can keep an eye on it in the dark.

Both items described in your owners manual.....

Quote Originally Posted by MasFam View Post
    also on the left side beside the fog light switch is a switch that makes one rear light brighter than the rest ??? again.... can anyone explain...rear fog light??
    Yes...rear fog lamp, and it is required in most countries in Europe on the driver side, although other cars, such as AUDIs havethem on both sides. You will also notice that some other car manufacturers in Europe, like Peugeot, Renault, etc., use the rear fog lamp on the driver side, and only one reverse lamp on the non-driver side, but in the same location of the non-driverside lamp cluster.

Europe has all the fun....citilights, manual transmissions, driver adjustable headlamp beams, and in Japan, out cars had the option on folding mirrors.

...this country always gets jipped

rodrigo
    Notre équipe, c'est couleuvre...et dans couleuvre il-y-a le mot cool. Alors, on va ce la jouer plutôt cool...que Vipère

Speaking of rear fog lights - does anyone know of a way to make it a dual system? It just seems "unbalanced" to me to have just one.
    Mike
    Bluegrass-XC
    (Somewhere on the Space Coast)

2000 V70 SE Cross Country
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer 4x4 (in Blazer Heaven)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool -
    than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

If you visit the volvospeed.com website, you can click on the performance and cosmetics section, and it shows how to do with with an S series, but I've never checked on my car to see if it works.

Also, Rodrigo, I know you're on Volvospeed, I was wondering if you knew if there was a possibility of damage to the light casing or wiring if you replaced your reverse lights with higher voltage lights. I've seen pictures on Volvospeed about doing it, but it didn't say what kind of bulbs you need, or if you need to change any of the wiring or anything.

The reason for this is that a couple of my friend's houses are back in the woods, with long, dirt driveways with hills on either side, and its hard to back out at night, even on a clear night. I usually have to resort to switching on my rear foglight.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhipdefuser View Post
    Also, Rodrigo, I know you're on Volvospeed, I was wondering if you knew if there was a possibility of damage to the light casing or wiring if you replaced your reverse lights with higher voltage lights. I've seen pictures on Volvospeed about doing it, but it didn't say what kind of bulbs you need, or if you need to change any of the wiring or anything.
    Im really not sure, but i did, for a while, try a set of reverse lights that were supposedly brighter..they had a ceramic base and a smaller sized bulb (i have no clue as to what the bul #'s are), and they did brighten up things a little, but nothing really crazy. They did burn out after 3 months, and I have since then been using OEM bulbs.

If you do try a higher voltage bulb, remember that the reverse lights are only of for a little while at a time, not constantly running. It will heat up, but sinc ethey are used periodically you may be ok...this is not to say you are safe though.

have you looked into LED's?

ps: sorry for the late reply.

rodrigo
    Notre équipe, c'est couleuvre...et dans couleuvre il-y-a le mot cool. Alors, on va ce la jouer plutôt cool...que Vipère