• Yes, I can't wait to buy a newer one!

33 29.20%
  • Sure, why not?

35 30.97%
  • Maybe, but not sure

16 14.16%
  • No, I am done with AWD cars!

2 1.77%
  • No, I love the AWD but way to costly to maintain and service.

17 15.04%
  • No, but I would buy another Volvo.

10 8.85%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I considered the new body car until I realized they switched from the great turbocharged motor for a thirstier and less peppy 6 cyl and frankly, the styling is going back towards the bland understated theme they're known for...

I may consider an 06-07 when I replace mine, but may very well end up with an Audi A4 or A6 avant.
    http://dubdash.com
    all European rallye/carshow/campout/party

01' XC70
    98' V70
    64' Bus
    73' 412
    75' Rabbit

Good OLD posts just can't DIE!

I would buy one all over again because of this http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index...owtopic=111367

You do not need to be a member to view it.

Default Buy another one?

Heck yeah I would. But I would buy an R AWD '01 to '06. My '00 XC SE is nice, but having an R model would just be icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyB_N_Va View Post
    Heck yeah I would. But I would buy an R AWD '01 to '06. My '00 XC SE is nice, but having an R model would just be icing on the cake.
    Let me know when you do.
    There are NO R's 01, 02 and 03

Quote Originally Posted by Pat D View Post
    Greetings All ...

Looking for advise, my daughter & her out to sea alot navy hubbie have the opportunity to purchase a 2000 V70XC 69,000 miles. The car was driven by the owners wife and from my understanding has only been serviced at the dealer. they are looking at about $7000 for it.

I was all gun-ho about it until I started reading the forums. Emt's ,ABS, timing belts.. expensive repairs. I'm just not sure that they could handle the cost of operating the car no matter how good it has been taken care of it sooo far. Maintaince is one thing, but expensive repairs ( which seem to be common ) are another

Am I just paranoid ( you know the Dad who always watches out for his daughter ) What should they expect?
    I would think they should be able to get the service history on the car but have not as of yet.

--- Thanks for all you advice and input in advance ---
    Your gut feeling is right-on-the-money, pun intended. STAY FAR, FAR AWAY from these maintenance nightmares. The look neat, but seem to have been engineered by the three stooges. They will cost you more money than they are worth before you know it. Don't waste another minute contemplating it, don't but it.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    Your gut feeling is right-on-the-money, pun intended. STAY FAR, FAR AWAY from these maintenance nightmares. The look neat, but seem to have been engineered by the three stooges. They will cost you more money than they are worth before you know it. Don't waste another minute contemplating it, don't but it.
    Kind of, I personally wont drive a AWD unless it's the haldex 03+. BUT if you maintain these AWD systems you wont have any issues. The problem is that no one changes out the fluids, or uses correct tires! They are just very touchy BUT will last if you know how to maintain them.

If you want more of a care free vehicle thats AWD then go with the 03+ AWD Volvos or get an Audi A4 1.8T.

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    Let me know when you do.
    There are NO R's 01, 02 and 03
    Then why'd you say anything? If I were you I would have sat back and laughed at least once everyday at the thought of me never being able to find an 01 - 03 R. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyB_N_Va View Post
    Then why'd you say anything? If I were you I would have sat back and laughed at least once everyday at the thought of me never being able to find an 01 - 03 R. But that's just me.
    Just get an S60 T5M... they are cheap, easy to tune and don't have AWD to deal with!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345