Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Top Gear Reviews the V50

I was toodling around on YouTube.com looking at various Top Gear (BBC autommotive TV show) video clips and ran across their review of the V50. Not sure how old it is, and they're not too impressed with it, but the clip is quite humorous in typical Top Gear/British humor fashion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLJJ0-EueOo

Please, please, please tell me that I will be able to watch Top Gear when I move back to the States next year! Fantastic show!
    Cheers, Gary

2022 XC60 B5/Black
    2021 XC60 T5/ Osmium Gray (Wife's)
    2017 XC60 T6/ Bright Silver (Loaned to my Son)
    2015.5 XC70/Silver (Loaned to my Daughter)

2007 XC70/Rubyred (RIP)
    2003 XC70/Platinum Green (RIP)
    2001 V70/White (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by gary
    .... Top Gear video clips and ran across their review of the V50. The clip is quite humorous in typical Top Gear/British humor fashion.

Thanks for that Gary I must have missed that one. The V50 is only a bit smaller than the '70 range and about the same price but considerably less capable - as they said Volvo Estates are for carrying vast loads. TG were comparing it with V70 sized motors - not a fair comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by gary
    Please, please, please tell me that I will be able to watch Top Gear when I move back to the States next year! Fantastic show!
    I don't think you will - unless it is syndicated "over there", it's so British I don't think it will travel.

If you like our zany humour and peculiar ways could I persuade you to have a look tomorrow evening (Saturday 9th. September) on BBC tv at "The Last Night of the Proms". It's an example of serious music fans letting their hair down, dressing up and waving flags. It only happens one a year, and even if you are not into "serious music", you can't but help be amused by the dedication of the fans.

I know that it gets a world-wide audience, but passes most folks by, being put off as "highbrow", but the second half is definitely not.

Probably totally irrelevant - but could be of interest to you - especially as you're leaving us next year.
    Mike.

Mine: XC 70 Sport 2009 D5 Inscription Electric Blue.
    VNS, DSTC and 4C, BLIS, LDW ventilated leather ACC; Yummy.

All gone now - XC70 MY 13 SE LUX Flamenco red - goes better than the '09 even with its "Polestar plus" upgrade. I justy miss the PCC...

Hers: V60 Flamenco Red 215HP D5 (like above XC70 spec)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue
    If you like our zany humour and peculiar ways could I persuade you to have a look tomorrow evening (Saturday 9th. September) on BBC tv at "The Last Night of the Proms". It's an example of serious music fans letting their hair down, dressing up and waving flags. It only happens one a year, and even if you are not into "serious music", you can't but help be amused by the dedication of the fans.
    Mike,

Took you up on your suggestion and watched a bit of the "Last night of the Proms"...but it wasn't my "cup 'o tea" , so I didn't watch all of it, but it was very impressive to see all those people at all those locales (London, Manchester, Glasgow, Swansea, Belfast), enjoying an evening of music. Of course, I had to stay up late and watch "Match of the Day" as I love the banter of Gary Lineker, Alan Hanson, and Mark Lawrenson...and oh...the football isn't too bad either!
    Cheers, Gary

2022 XC60 B5/Black
    2021 XC60 T5/ Osmium Gray (Wife's)
    2017 XC60 T6/ Bright Silver (Loaned to my Son)
    2015.5 XC70/Silver (Loaned to my Daughter)

2007 XC70/Rubyred (RIP)
    2003 XC70/Platinum Green (RIP)
    2001 V70/White (RIP)

LOL...that vid's quite hillarious.
    Volvo V50, Jag X-wagon...its all Ford in'it?

rodrigo
    Notre équipe, c'est couleuvre...et dans couleuvre il-y-a le mot cool. Alors, on va ce la jouer plutôt cool...que Vipère