Thread: Nav Dvd

Default Nav Dvd

My friend gave me a back copy of the NAV DVD for the system, seems that it works great aside from the fact that is doesn't give voice commands, anyone else have this problem that is using a back of the DVD. It is for a 2006 XC-90.

Looks like i figured this out, i have a car that was bought in the UK that is US specs and I think that the europe DVD is a different region in the player under the driver seat, that is my guess right now, because I tried the original dvd in the car today and still no voice. The car was delivered w/ the US DVD which works all around even the voice commands.......so I think it may be a different region DVD player component in the nav system........

ANYONE else ever have this issue??? Thx

Default Re: Nav DVD for different country

U.S. owners who have picked up their car at the factory report that the nav system works with the Euro DVD except for voice prompts.
    '04 XC90 2.5T, ~170K miles, ash gold/graphite, 7-seater, towing, nav
    "Objects in the mirror may be just as they appear." - Steve Forbert

You got it right Big...............and of note my "syndicate" has tested and found that the U.S. dvd doesn't work in the euro cars, so if anyone is planning on moving to the US w/ their euro-Volvo, they won't have voice prompting either. Thanks for the input.

Default You're not missing much

I borrowed a friends XC90 for a weekend brfore I bought one and his Satnav drove me nuts. The voices are so irritating. I turned the voice off in the end.

It's actually a software load/switch to enable a different region for voice prompting. We bought our US-spec XC90 while we were stationed in Germany. While at the factory, I gave them a Euro DVD to install and enable Euro voice prompting. They did both for free at the FDC, but I hear it can be about $50 at a dealer. We drove our car for a year using the Euro maps and nav voice prompts just fine.

Now we're back in the US and just received our US DVD set. I loaded it just fine and the maps work but there will be no voice prompting until I have our local dealership reload the American-spec software.
    Russ
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -- Edmund Burke
    2005 XC90 V8 ( ), Silver with Touring, Climate, Convenience, Nav and DVD