Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How fast have you gone?

I have an 05 XC90 v8. Does anyone here have experience with an xc90 at high speeds? I could not find anything by searching. I have taken it to 115, but would like to see how far I can push it. Anybody here have experience regarding the stability at speeds over 120 or 130 mph?

Default How fast

I had my 01 Cross Country up to 130 miles an hour. Thats as fast as it would go, I guess there is a speed sensor on the thing cause going that fast the pedal had more to go but the computer shut down something.. I tried it three times and it always shut down the fuel.. It handled great and tight. Oh did I metion that I was racing a 04 Mustang at the time.. Boy was he suprised to see my big tailights in front of him.........And it was fun/.....

Jake

hmmm.. good to know. anyone have similar experience with the xc90?

Thumbs up 125 mph

Quote Originally Posted by XC90 V8
    hmmm.. good to know. anyone have similar experience with the xc90?
    I have a new 185 hp D5 DIESEL XC90, only 6.000 km = 3729 miles, and I got up to 125 mph as my max. Friend of mine has tuned his XC 90 up to 220 hp, and his max is 135 mph.

Default Glad I'm not the only bad boy around here.

128 mph in my current '06 XC 70 before the limiting software hobbled me. [Grrrrrrr!] Why did I bother to buy the high speed tires? Maybe that's what will ultimately cause me to pony up the $$ to have the IPD ECU upgrade. I believe they remove, or at least raise, the speed limiter.

I've had the S60R up to 140 mph before my cereberal cortex kicked in. The vehicle had no issues, though. Zero vibrations. Lots of throttle left. 140 in that car feels like 70 in any other vehicle. Amazing!

-Todd

'06 XC70, Black/Graphite: Prem/Conv/Clim Packages, Bi-Xenon, Privat Sekt 18", 235/50 Goodrich G-Force, Hidden Hitch, Thule Evo
    '05 S60R , Black Sapphire metallic/Atacama: 6 speed manual, 20% vlt tint, 17" Pegs, iPod
    '03 BMW K1200GT, Metallic Silver-Green: Z-Technic exhaust & chip, 141+ bhp, bling, bling, bling--too much to list
    "Lose the pants!" Utilikilt.com

Talking my fastest

i've done 112 mph in my 02 XC70, 108 mph in my 245, and oddly, 124 in my Peugeot 505

When I lived in Germany, I routinely explored the 100-120+ realm in our XC90 V8. It's very stable and seemed to enjoy the high speeds. As much as I hate the speed limiter, Volvo at least implements it in a noninvasive manner...you just quit going faster, no decrease in engine power or any other weirdness, you just can't go faster.
    Russ
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -- Edmund Burke
    2005 XC90 V8 ( ), Silver with Touring, Climate, Convenience, Nav and DVD

Well I've got mine to 120MPH and it get's held back by the governor but a friend of mine has the V8 and he got his to 138MPH

Default Wow

Can I join in with my XC70, just had a new gearbox fitted and the following day some idiot blocked the outside lane for about 9 miles then he slipped up, I fell back and saw a gap on the inner lane, floored it and over took him with 110 on the clock, now I know my speedo is out as I have a calibrated unit as well and the true speed was 99.6mph so not quite the ton. I think anything higher than that on the UK roads is asking for trouble, mainly because the roads and surrounding bits are not crash friendly.

BTW how accurate do you think your speedo's are at giving a true readout??

2nd BTW, saw a police XC70 dragged into the garage with undercarriage failure, well locking it up, speed when damage occurred -136MPH, that taken from the OBC in the garage.
    Last edited by AWD*V70XC; 09-27-2006 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Forgot 2nd BTW

Default Fast

Going to Vegas from San Diego 115 MPH and road like a dream. I use Valvoline SYN Power 10w30 synthetic oil, K&N air filter and seems to give me a small edge climbing long grades.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast