Default Where can I find a center wheel cap?

Looks like I've lost (or someone swiped) the little cap that is in the center of my right front wheel (has "Volvo" written on it). Any idea where to go (short of the dealer) to order (perfer on line) a part like that? I'm not really sure what to call it. I think it's really just for decorative purposes but my eye goes right to the "flaw" so I've got to get it replaced. Only other option is to find another Volvo with one and .............naw....not at my age.
    1999 V70 XC Dark Blue/Taupe - Gas/Auto Trans. with Nokian WRG2s 205/65/15
    2002 Acura TL White/Tan

Hmmm... (once you get the "official" name for the thingie) I'd try eBay and/or web listings from a salvage yard cooperative data base.

I popped one of these center wheel caps (could that be the name?) on my 245 Turbo & went the dealer route for a replacement. This was about 10 years ago & the list cost then was ~$40US.

May be your Plan B is more viable. How much could the fine be?
    2000 V70 XC SE - Nautic Blue/Beige - Nokians and a bunch of other goodies. VCOA & volvoxc.com stickers.

AFIK, the center cap can only be removed when the wheel is off the car....I would ask the person or company that last mounted this wheel. BTW you can purchase one from any dealer ($15?), and probably on eBay too. Many folks like the new caps with the Volvo logo. This means that you can either purchase the new cool looking caps (x4) or you can buy an old one like the ones on your car being sold on eBay by upgraders in the near future.
    Last edited by Jack; 08-10-2006 at 06:54 PM.

close... they're called center caps and there are quite a few listed on eBay, something like this should work
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Default Thanks Coastal

That willl work. You know I really didn't lose the cap....there's still a cap on the wheel. When I looked at it it looked "burned" all black and no wording on it. It appears that the cap is actually two pieces. The base metal cap itself and an outer cover with the "Volvo" wording and lines on it. That outer part appears to have come off (unglued?) while the under part of the cap is still on the wheel. I always thought they were one piece.
    1999 V70 XC Dark Blue/Taupe - Gas/Auto Trans. with Nokian WRG2s 205/65/15
    2002 Acura TL White/Tan

Default my caps

a few months ago, as somepeople might know on this forum, that I parked my car in a dangerous spot in East Oakland, CA (ghetto), and some person(s) came and slashed my chome pegasus rims. They also stole all my centercaps. Bad day. So I, in a state of shock, went quickly to my high-priced dealer and bought some. After a week or so, I was curious to see what other dealers' prices were. I found that another dealership was selling the same set for $5 less than the first dealer. Lesson is: SHOP AROUND !! You never know where you can find the best deal!!

Check out this option offered by IPD. It is a new item to their catalog.
    The original black design and a cap design similiar to the nameplate on the grille
    http://www.ipdusa.com/ProductsCat.as...802&RootID=629

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

For anyone who is interested in the new iron logo center caps, I came across a more reasonably priced set here.

25 bucks? haha I can get it from work order from the dealer cheaper than that. Yeah IPD sells the center hub caps now also the cool looking door lock pin.
    [2002 V70 XC] Venetian Red Metallic/Blk Leather*33k+ miles
    -Hands-Free Phone Set, all packages except Nav.
    Turbocharger replaced April/2005 under warranty.

[1991 245] Metallic Blue/Blue Leather*175k+ miles my daily beater.
    [1994 854 GLT] *141K+ miles

Member of Volvo High Mileage Club and the miles keeps ROLLING!!

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by RedXC
    25 bucks? haha I can get it from work order from the dealer cheaper than that.
    Sounds like a prime opportunity for a group buy!