View Poll Results: How many times has your abs module gone bad?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Once

58 66.67%
  • Multiple times

4 4.60%
  • Never

25 28.74%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Had mine rebuilt by Modulemaster. Can be found on the internet. Seems the solder joints are indeed the main problem. Quality work with one week turn around for $115.00.

Had ours replaced at the dealer when they were still denying there was an ABS module problem and ours was a rarity.

Quote Originally Posted by VolvoPassenger View Post
    Had ours replaced at the dealer when they were still denying there was an ABS module problem and ours was a rarity.
    Your dealer is in serious denial.
    Take Heed...

'98 " Last of the Good Ones!" V70 R
    Upsolute ECU - E-Codes/SilverStars - ArcticGrade Oil Lines - HD SkidPlate - Spoiler - XC Grill -

Ive had them go on almost every X70 ive owned.

They are cake to rebuild, just a PITA to get open if you dont know what you are doing.

On and keep in mind you DONT need a special socket. Just use a 4MM socket and it worked perfect!

If anyone wants one, I have a stack of 5 or so that are collecting dust. A few still need to be rebuild which I havnt gotten around to.

Darn it !! Now I am going to have to go to the asylum and have my wife released. thought she had lost it.And thanks that may fix the problem for both of us.

Had the ABS Module just rebuilt on the 99XC. It has been going OFF and ON for over a year. Finally the Trans upshift light came on and trans only would start in third gear. Works fine now.
    Please change the Poll!-Dick
    '11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

I am another satisfied Victor Rocha customer. I drove the my 1998 V70xc for about 100,000 miles with the ABS/TRACS light on. I figured I had driven cars for 40 years without ABS, so I was not about to pay the Volvo dealer $1000 to replace the module. Then one day the speedo quit, but would come back on if the ignition switch was cycled off and on. Then it finally died altogether. After searching this and other forums, I learned that the speed sensor was another function of the ABS module. Found out about Victor and had him rebuild the module. The swap couldn't be easier. BTW Victor sells the E5 socket for a couple of bucks. The car now has 230,000 miles with no more ABS issues.

Resoldered mine last night. There were visible cracks in the old solder joints. So far I haven't got any ABS or TRACS lights. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Here's the link I used.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1

Default How many times has your abs module gone bad ?

I too, am a satisfied Victor Rocha customer. My check engine light came on, the speedo quit and the ABS and Brake light came on. This was an intermittent problem that occured more frequently when the ambient temperature rose. After getting the referral to Victor at this Forum, I removed and shipped the ABS to Victor. The problems were gone after the unit was re-installed and the transmission shifts great, all lights were reset and all is well! Highlly recommended service.

2003 XC70 My ABS module has gone out and it appears for my particular year there is no such thing as a rebuild. I asked Victor Rocha and the other places I could find and they all say the can't do 2003 XC70 ABS modules.

Anyone have any knoweldge on this? I'm trying to determine if the $1500 replacement my dealer suggests is my only option.
    Thanks much.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast