Default $2000 Loyalty Bonus Pricing Question

I got a card in the mail saying that since I am an existing Volvo owner that I can get $2000 off a new one. The offer is not transferable. It is valid through July 31 and is valid on a bunch of different models including the XC cars. The terms and conditions do not say that the offer is not combinable.

So, I quickly looked on CarsDirect.com and found that they had a pretty nice price on the car including a "customer rebate" of $2,000. Of course when I call to buy the car the dealer says that the offer is not combinable. Basically the $2,000 "loyalty" offer is available to anyone, even folks that do not already own a volvo. This sounds pretty crappy to me and I am wondering if Volvo marketing really does this or if my dealer is full of hot air (imagine that!).

Well, I got the answer to my question. It's been a while since I have been active on these boards but then I remembered William (www.flyvolvo.com). As usual he had the skinny on the deal. It seems that Volvo is running a $2000 loyalty rebate as well as a $2000 new customer (Conquest he called it) rebate. So whether you are new or old to volvo you get the rebate. By design you can not be both! What sucks about this is that the card I received makes you feel like it is an exclusive benefit. How dumb does Volvo think we are?

I want to thank William for returning my call and, as usual, having a clear, instantaneous answer to the question. I wish the marketing gurus at Volvo thought more of us as owners though.

I guess I don't understand....does this apply to Overseas Delivery (OSD)? If not perhaps it should be in another forum.....If it does, where do I file an application!

It doesn't apply to OSD deliveries.

Bill
    Bill
    63 PV544 (attempted restoration)
    83 245 DL OSD (transferred to son)
    85 240 GL OSD (transferred to son)
    03 XC70 OSD (traded-in 4/12)
    05 AWD S80 OSD (transferred to son)
    12 XC70 T6
    16 S60 T5 Drive-E (FWD)

Yea, you're right. But this is also the "new car buyers forum". I dont know that there is a more appropriate place for this post. If there is, let me know.

Right you are Peter! The dislexic (sp?) like me stop reading the forum title after it says OSD!

FWIW, my experience last year was that the incentives/offers only improve as the model year winds down. At the same time inventory diminishes too. You should be able to find a sales rep (fleet, internet, Costco, Sams Club, etc.) who will quote an upfront price and show you a hardcopy of the current incentives. Your price should be about invoice minus all applicable incentives plus maybe some "profit". My XC70 was invoice minus incentives ($5,500) in June '05. BTW, folks who have been a member of the Volvo Club for more than six months when they buy a Volvo get a $500 rebate.

Be sure to consider and price an OSD too. It can be a good deal and it can be a great deal. Either way its a lot of fun!

Good Luck!

Jack
    '05 XC70 Most of the good stuff, no DSTC
    '06 V50 T5 AWD 6sp OSD 6/06, DSTC