Canada: Calgary Alberta - Panorama Mountain BC - Pender Island BC

Default Very High Positive Rating for XC from JD Power

JD Power just released their latest quality ratings for new vehicles. This year, the analysis was amended to incorporate interior design quality. The results placed our XC-70's as number 2 in the Midsize Premium SUV category (ahead of the Lexus RX330). Don't know if I would consider the XC as an SUV but it sure is nice to see our cars rated that highly.

I have always been pleased with the driver friendliness of the interior cabin. In fact, it is coming up for its 2 year buy-out period and I think we will probably buy it to add to the stable.

Here is a link where I spotted the data:
    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...606080384/1148

John
    Last edited by John@CdnRockies; 06-08-2006 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Spelling
    '04 XC70 Canadian Premium and Sport packages, Black (425,000 kms)
    '06 XC70 Ocean Race Model, IPD to 240 hp, 18" rims, Deep Blue
    Other rigs: '06 Toyota Avalon, '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee, '23 BMW330e (Plug-In-Hybrid)

It is very nice to see the Volvo nameplate appear on the list. Which makes me wonder if it's a mistake, and by that I mean they intended typing XC90. Don't get me wrong I love our XC70's, just wondering though!

Later,
    Current cars:
    '11 B8 A4 Avant Sline/Brilliant Black/Black/Tiptronic
    '06 E61 530xi Sapphire Black/Black with aluminum/premium/panoramic sunroof/Logic 7/PDC

Past cars, gone but not forgotten:
    '07 335i Sedan / Alpine White / Black with aluminum / step with paddles / Logic 7 / premium
    '06 V70R Magic Blue/Nordkap blue
    '03 XC70 2.5T Nautic Blue / Oak 18" Atlantis with 235-50-18
    '99.5 Audi A4 Silver/black
    '98 S70 Green/gray
    '94 VW Corrado VR6 black/black

Personally, I don't believe anything that Powers reports. -Dick
    '11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by budrichard
    Personally, I don't believe anything that Powers reports. -Dick

What's the beef with JD?
    2008 V70 2.4 Classic Sports Edition

From the JD Power website:
    "Since 1968, J.D. Power and Associates has been conducting quality and customer satisfaction research based on survey responses from millions of consumers worldwide. We represent the voice of the customer by translating survey responses from consumers and businesses into studies and reports that companies worldwide use to improve their business. In fact, J.D. Power and Associates has developed and maintains one of the largest, most comprehensive historical customer satisfaction databases in existence, which includes feedback on the shopping, buying, and ownership experiences for a variety of products and services. "

My personal belief is that consumer satisfaction surveys are useless and many times the information collected is not used but companies have learned that if they pretend and gather infromation it makes the customer feel good. I refuse to answer any of these surveys unless I am sent the results. Not one survey has agreed to send me the results. I personally think the majority end up in the trash can.
    Consumer satisfaction and real problems are generally two different things. Few consumers posses the background to make informed decisions about most products. That's what keeps GM selling cars and Bud selling beer.
    The ONLY group that has done a fair job in rating things is Consumer Reports and thier expertise is sometimes lacking. -Dick
    '11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S