Default OSD and purchasing accessories

My wife and I are planning on taking advantage of the OSD for our new XC70 in June 2006. We are planning on buying additional accessories for the new car. My question is whether buying them in Sweden at the factory will be cheaper than buying them here at the dealership (San Francisco Bay Area). The accessories I will be purchasing are all self installs. Also, another question is can I place these items inside the car when they ship it back to the states. How secure will this be?

Thanks.

I recommend you get quotes from your dealer on the accessories you are considering and take that list with you for your OSD pick up. Compare your list with the prices offered at OSD and take which ever turns out better. When we got our 03 XC70 and again when we got our '05 S80 we purchased several accessory items at the factory such as winter floor mats, full size spare and wheel, etc. They were shipped with the car without incident.Bill
    Bill
    63 PV544 (attempted restoration)
    83 245 DL OSD (transferred to son)
    85 240 GL OSD (transferred to son)
    03 XC70 OSD (traded-in 4/12)
    05 AWD S80 OSD (transferred to son)
    12 XC70 T6
    16 S60 T5 Drive-E (FWD)

My wife and I bought an XC70 in '03 and the accessories were a lot cheaper and they also had specials on certain things that saved you even more money. I'd definitely plan on getting them there.

Quote Originally Posted by hordtheviking2
    My wife and I bought an XC70 in '03 and the accessories were a lot cheaper and they also had specials on certain things that saved you even more money. I'd definitely plan on getting them there.
    When we picked up out '04 XC in Sweden we ordered extras that were cheaper over there then over here... roof rails, mats, etc. We even ordered the rear windows 'wing' that was installed before it was shipped to us in VA.

"Did we price compare?" No.

We also shopped the Volvo retail store that was on the factory campus. Bought a couple t-shirts, a hat, and almost bought the Volvo XC Golf Bag. Since I don't golf I thought it would be considered a luxury by my wife. :-)
    '06 XC90 ORE #770, OSD, Convenience & Climate Packages
    '04 XC70, Ruby Red, Premium and Touring Packages (stock OSD) *with* Spoiler, Winged Cross bars and only room for two car seats! 36k miles and rolling
    '99 Ford Taurus, Blue/Gray, 160k

Quote Originally Posted by MD-Daddy
    Bought a couple t-shirts, a hat, and almost bought the Volvo XC Golf Bag. Since I don't golf I thought it would be considered a luxury by my wife. :-)
    But where else could you find one that had the Volvo logo?

p.s. is your rural MD on the east side or the west side? I lived in Rockville a LONG time ago and spent a few years in Frostburg and Grantsville. Had friends from the eastern shore too.
    Last edited by Jack; 04-22-2006 at 09:49 PM.

A bit of a late post here...from what we saw, if you order the accessories when you place your vehicle order, you will get the best price. When we ordered our 90, we got the rubber floormats and the wing profile load bars, which were cheaper that way then purchasign from the FDC or on-line. The floor mats were installed and the wing bars were in their box in the back of the car. Since we live in Germany, we drove the car home from the FDC so I can't comment on how secure the accessories would be when you ship the car.
    Russ
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -- Edmund Burke
    2005 XC90 V8 ( ), Silver with Touring, Climate, Convenience, Nav and DVD

What is the date of your delivery in June?
    Are you taking part in the X-Sea Challenge.
    I will be taking delivery of my XC90-ORE between June 9 & June 16.......

Default OSD Delivery in June 2006

We will be picking up our XC70 Monday June 12. My wife and I will be in sweden for about 10 days.

Back in '02 when we were at the factory, we included some Volvo accessories, but the biggest find was the employees after-market store that was just down the road. We road the factory mini-bus down and bought lots of stuff that just isn't available here in the US.
    '02 V70XC, white, can be seen in Volvo OSD DVD