Default Deal or No Deal - '02, 3rd Row, 60k mi - $22k?

I've got a leading candidate for purchase.

'02, 60k miles, 3rd Row, Leather/Heated seats. Interior and Exterior in really quite good shape for age/miles.

Ask: $21.9k

Given everyone's experience where would this fit on the spectrum of deals? Cheap, fair, expensive?

Thank you in advance,

Richard

I bought a Certified 2001 with 26,700 miles all options except third row and no navigation for $22,700 in Mar 2005. The exterior was perfect and the interior was in really good shape. I think your price is a bit high, yes you have a third seat, but higher miles and the HALEX AWD system in 03' is much better. Pay under 20k or get an 03'

Love the car though. HOWEVER I have had the ECM, rack and pinion system, and trim on roof replaced under warranty. Make sure the ECM has been replaced.

My two cents.
    1996 850 GLE (Gone)
    2001 XC70 (Gone)
    2005 S60R (Gone)
    2011 XC90 V8

That is a fair price here in Canada however if I read your location right you are in the US. Your dollar is worth more and I would expect that number to be closer to 17 - 18K.

You might want to check ebay.com of all places, there are usually a few up for auction.

Casey

Quote Originally Posted by Lomotpk

'02, 60k miles, 3rd Row, Leather/Heated seats. Interior and Exterior in really quite good shape for age/miles.

Given everyone's experience where would this fit on the spectrum of deals? Cheap, fair, expensive?

Thank you in advance,

Richard
    That sounds very pricey. My guess is that you should be able to pick it up for about $18k

2005 XC70 Barents Blue & Taupe leather, deliv. 12/04, built 11/04
    Prem / Conv / Climate / DSTC / NAV / 650 / Sirius / 60/40 / 3rd Row / Boosters / Thule / Weathertech mats / Mud Flaps / 46% Tint / Nokian WR SUVs

serviced by Red Bank Volvo, NJ & Volvo Westport, CT
    2001 V70XC~someone else's problem vehicle now
    VolvoClub ofAmerica

Default Message deleted by poster

Message deleted by poster
    Last edited by Gundo; 03-15-2006 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Message deleted by poster

Quote Originally Posted by Gundo
    Hi,

That price does indeed seem high.

I've got my 2002 V70XC on the market at $21K and live in Newtown, Connecticut.

It is Black on Black leather and has been Dealer maintained since new. Oil has been only Mobil 1 since new. The ECM has been replaced, as well as the Turbo controller, all under warranty.

59K miles.

The car has the Winter package (heated seats, headlight wipers), rear booster seats, and in-dash cd. New Pirelli Scorpian II tires have 5,000 miles on them and a nice upgrade over stock. Also included are rubber winter floor mats and rear cargo tray.

The car has no dents, rarely has been through the car wash and sparkles like new. I typically hand wash and detail the car, most people have no idea it is a 2002, they think it's new.

It needs a new windshield (stone chip caused a crack), but that is on my dime as I've already filed an insurance claim.

Please email me if you are interested ([email protected])

Gundo
    Didn't you just admit that 21k is too much for an 02?
    1996 850 GLE (Gone)
    2001 XC70 (Gone)
    2005 S60R (Gone)
    2011 XC90 V8

Default Message deleted by poster

Message deleted by poster
    Last edited by Gundo; 03-15-2006 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Message deleted by poster

Default Much too pricey

Lomotpk, just to give you a guage, I bought my 01 in Boston, in November 2003. It has 70K on it and it was spotless and had absolutely no work done on it except having the roofrails replaced. I paid 18k. That was almost 2.5 years ago now. 22K for the 02 is too much. Consider that you can pick a brand new one up for about 32-34K.

I'd say you'd be able to get that price down to the 15-16K range for an 02 that is pask the 50,000 mile warranty.

These dealers will go down that far, especially on something that's that old. They just need asking and pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomotpk

Thank you in advance,

Richard
    2001 Volvo V70 XC, Ash Gold, Taupe/Brown Leather Interior, Premium, Touring