Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post New Model to be announced

Nearly a year since my last post but I have been keeping an eye on all the great things that have been going on here, like Don's fabulous work on those ETM's, I take my hat of to him for all his hard work and just hope that you guys in Europe could benefit from American laws over there as you seem to be getting a raw deal from your local Volvo companies.

I detract from my train of reason for posting. This morning I had a few bills drop on the doorstep and a strange envelope from the UK, strange because I am not used to getting letters or bills from there. I got the bills out of the way, utility bills huh and each one was more than the last one, well they all have to be paid without any remonstration otherwise I will be sitting here in the cold and dark doing jack. Now this UK letter was smart and did not look like a bill or a card, on closer investigation I noticed it was mailed from London Greenwich, intriguing.

Ah well I just ripped it open and found (to my surprise) a pass to the London Motor Show with a hand written note saying 'be there, Volvo to announce a new model'

What could this mean, that's all the note said and what model is Volvo about to announce I wondered? and how am I going to be in London when I am scheduled to be on the other side of the World that month?

So I started to weigh up my options, I know the S80 has been redesigned so it can't be that one but Volvo are going to bring out an wagon/estate version of the S80 called the V90 so could this be the announcement? Could it be the new 30 range? maybe they are going to show the new H30. So I checked the UK Volvo website and saw that they are offering deals of 3 years extended warranty on every car in the range except for the V70/XC70, why? and why did I get this pass?

I can only think that Volvo are about to launch the all new XC70 because Ford are about to drop the Freestyle now, but have given it another year of life so as the same platform is used for the XC/V 70 range I am really wondering if a new XC70 is on the horizon? Who knows? But now I have to decide where I want to be in July? mmmmmmmm

Has anyone else heard anything?
    If it is worth driving, it's got to be a XC.

Bet It'll be the new C70 which is due for a public airing in late March (?).

Volvo doesn't know who uses the web and assumes Joe Public is ignorant of what's going on. That's reasonable enough as the mass market is unaware; only "us" petrolheads are sometimes one step ahead.
    Mike.

Mine: XC 70 Sport 2009 D5 Inscription Electric Blue.
    VNS, DSTC and 4C, BLIS, LDW ventilated leather ACC; Yummy.

All gone now - XC70 MY 13 SE LUX Flamenco red - goes better than the '09 even with its "Polestar plus" upgrade. I justy miss the PCC...

Hers: V60 Flamenco Red 215HP D5 (like above XC70 spec)

Wink noooo

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue
    Bet It'll be the new C70 which is due for a public airing in late March (?).

Volvo doesn't know who uses the web and assumes Joe Public is ignorant of what's going on. That's reasonable enough as the mass market is unaware; only "us" petrolheads are sometimes one step ahead.
    The C70 is already on sale here so I don't think they will hold off until July for an offical release and the XC90 is not due a facelift but I have heard something about them dropping the V70 in favour for the new estate V80 but all V's are odd numbers so that is why it could be a V90. I had the 960 prior to this V70 and it was a bit like the old Ford Granada estate, big and cumbersome. Would not like to see that rear it's head as a XC70.

PS. getting a little fed up with all the up praising that the top gear team are giving the C70, I can't see a big market for it in Northern Europe as the weather is always so crap.

hombres, it will be the all new xc50 !!

[santa] [bigsanta]

Question What are you saying??

Quote Originally Posted by balky
    hombres, it will be the all new xc50 !!

[santa] [bigsanta]
    Is this fact or just your joy at having a new XC50 launched????

That's interesting.....can't wait to hear what it is. I love my XC70, but would love to see a fresh update to the XC. LED tail lights woud be nice and standard DSTC. I really like the centre dash layout and I don't like the new centre layout that I've seen on the new V50 or new S80.

Question Who knows?

I haven't got a clue what it means but I can see XC50 in there -

Volvo собирается в 2008 году начать производство новой для себя модели шведы хотят выпускать под своим брендом минивэн, который будет построен на той же колесной базе, что и Ford Galaxy. От Galaxy новому шведскому минивэну достанутся и двигатели, хотя на однообъемник Volvo будут ставить в основном лишь достаточно мощные силовые агрегаты.

Кроме того, можно отметить, что в 2008 году Volvo может начать выпуск и модели XC50 это будет компактный внедорожник созданный на базе S40.

Hmm interesting. Factor in the following

New Freelander is being announced at the Brit Motor show. This is confirmed.

4Car claims the xc50 will arrive as a my2007 model and based on the Freelander.

Throw these together and its possible the xc50 may be announced. If I was Volvo I'd rather have my own show than have it stolen by the Freelander

Personally I'd rather see a new xc70
    14xc60 3.0T
    03xc70 (Killed 12/16)
    1998 v70 (retired)

Question I'm confused

And there has been spy shots of a new Ford Focus 4 x 4 which also uses the V50 Chassis which all adds up to a new XC50 somewhere in the ether but would Volvo want to up the anti on the XC50 when the V70 is near death as a model?

Arrow

Please pardon my jumping in here.

I have some close friends in Sweden and a friend in Volvo engineering. I am new to the forum. Can I be of any help in finding out what's going on?

Ford had promised NOT to interfere with the Volvo line, but I sense from the tone of this thread many (myself now included) fear Ford is asserting a 'big brother' hand in Volvo.

How many I help, if at all? I can't promise any more info than what is here, but I am willing to try. Advice please?

Thanks,
    Chuck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast