Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Can you post an attachment of your letter?

I'm wondering if I could see what your letter states. I'm also wondering if I can go ahead and submit my paperwork to get reimbursed for my faulty ETM with the info given in your letter. Is it just a form letter? Or does it have a code or account number specifically assigned to you? Anyway, if you could post an attachment, that would sum it up for me and possibly get me started on the road to reclaim my $1200.
    '99 V70 XC AWD

Default Send in your ETM rebate form now

Quote Originally Posted by SexyXC
    I'm wondering if I could see what your letter states. I'm also wondering if I can go ahead and submit my paperwork to get reimbursed for my faulty ETM with the info given in your letter. Is it just a form letter? Or does it have a code or account number specifically assigned to you? Anyway, if you could post an attachment, that would sum it up for me and possibly get me started on the road to reclaim my $1200.
    I talked to the Volvo ETM Rebate center in Memphis this morning. She said 40,000 letters have been sent but she also said you do not need to wait for the letter. Go ahead and send in the following letter and your repair order. You can find a copy of the letter at http://matthewsvolvosite.com; click on 'Volvo Forum'; click on 'Don's ETM Room'; click on 'the ETM letter to owners'

Send in you ETM replacement costs, include cleaning, towing, and anything else what was replaced before they got to the ETM. Just assume they are going to do the right thing.

In addition, send me your name, city, state, model year, series. This will add to the data base so I can contact you as things happen in the future. Send to [email protected]

Don Willson
    Last edited by DonWillson; 02-24-2006 at 03:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Default towing paid for?

Quote Originally Posted by DonWillson
    I talked to the Volvo ETM Rebate center in Memphis this morning. She said 40,000 letters have been sent but she also said you do not need to wait for the letter. Go ahead and send in the following letter and your repair order. You can find a copy of the letter at http://matthewsvolvosite.com; click on 'Volvo Forum'; click on 'Don's ETM Room'; click on 'the ETM letter to owners'

Send in you ETM replacement costs, include cleaning, towing, and anything else what was replaced before they got to the ETM. Just assume they are going to do the right thing.

In addition, send me your name, city, state, model year, series. This will add to the data base so I can contact you as things happen in the future. Send to [email protected]

Don Willson
    Has Volvo agreed to pay for towing related to ETM failures? If so do we send a receipt to the Memphis address? I had been told more than once by Customer Care that towing would not be paid for. Thanks for your assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by pep
    Has Volvo agreed to pay for towing related to ETM failures? If so do we send a receipt to the Memphis address?.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonWillson
    Just assume they are going to do the right thing.
    No, I think he meant to include it, just in case they do the right thing.
    Ex-C70 owner
    ---------------
    VEXED

Has anyone used the letter on matthewsvolvosite? Did you just cut and paste into Word or some other word processor?

BTW, what is the new software upgrade going to accomplish? I thought the problem was a design one, where scrubbing caused the failure. How is software going to eliminate that?

Thanks
    Last edited by ncst8wuf; 02-27-2006 at 06:04 AM.
    2000 V70 XC, 2003 Nissan 350Z, 1996 Saab 900S

Default Copy of ETM letter from Volvo

I am having the same trouble with my ETM at the moment, I have covered 148 000 km (92 000 miles) in my 2001 XC70. I have been quoted US$1200 for replacement as obviously my warranty has expired.

Could I ask a favour, anyone who received their letter from VOLVO could you please forward a copy to me, I want to see if I can use it here in South Africa to at least get a price reduction.

Thanks Jeremy

The letter I received is identical to this one.

http://matthewsvolvosite.com/chat/ph...57898862226982

Default You don't have to wait!

That's it! My patience ended today and I called the Volvo Parts and Service Warranty Rebates Office in Memphis Tennessee. I asked if I could just send in my service order from the dealership showing the replacement/costs of a new ETM. The service rep said that was fine! So I typed up a letter asking for a full refund for the ETM replacement I paid for (under the new ETM warranty policy). Make sure you include your name, mailing address and VIN# (even though it's probably listed on your service order). I had other parts replaced during my visit, so the taxes were off. The rep said they'd account for that and reimburse the taxes for just the ETM service too! She also said the check would take 6 to 8 weeks to be delivered. Here's the address for you to send your letter and copies of your service order...

Volvo Parts and Service Warranty Rebates
    C/O The Advertising Checking Bureau, Inc.
    P.O.Box 343230
    Memphis, TN 38134
    '99 V70 XC AWD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12