Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'm PO'd at gugy because he apparently registered for this forum for the sole purpose of posting his rants and whines. There was nothing constructive whatsoever, if you ignore the downstream backtracking. If he were a *regular* *contributor*, then I'd give him some slack. gugy would have been far better served to follow his own delinquent advice and get in touch with Volvo NA directly to complain about the car and the dealership, then post his results here. Or at least have asked questions and/or posted comments during the experience. What we got was an ex post facto raspberry.

So, I'm done with this topic. Whether I'm an asset to this forum will be determined in the future. I have a good track record with forums and mailing lists for other vehicles and figure I'll assist well here as well as time unfolds.

Onward and upward...
    Ron

Cool, a measured and reasonable response .... thanks.

"Onward and Upward", I like that .... cheers back to ya.
    Ex-C70 owner
    ---------------
    VEXED

Quote Originally Posted by 16Victor
    I'm PO'd at gugy because he apparently registered for this forum for the sole purpose of posting his rants and whines. There was nothing constructive whatsoever, if you ignore the downstream backtracking. If he were a *regular* *contributor*, then I'd give him some slack. gugy would have been far better served to follow his own delinquent advice and get in touch with Volvo NA directly to complain about the car and the dealership, then post his results here. Or at least have asked questions and/or posted comments during the experience. What we got was an ex post facto raspberry.

So, I'm done with this topic. Whether I'm an asset to this forum will be determined in the future. I have a good track record with forums and mailing lists for other vehicles and figure I'll assist well here as well as time unfolds.

Onward and upward...
    16Victor,
    You really don't get it. I am sorry for you.

I just registered for this forum and post a single post to express my frustration. That's true. I learned about XC70.com recently. I trade in my Volvo March last year. So I no longer have my Volvo V70XC. But I still have my S70. So in some way I am still belonging to the Volvo community. Hopefully not for long.

It seems that you finally tone down your hatred. As a previous post said, if I come here to only read people talking wonderful things, this forum should be named volvokissass.com. He was absolutely right. Forums are here to have people talking bad and good about whatever subject. In fact sometimes talking bad becomes a good thing. Example. If we only praise Volvo, they would not be inclined to improve their cars or take care of their customers. The fact many people complain might lead Volvo to better and be more efficient and look after their customers.

My experience is legitimate. I have stacks of dealers and independent shops receipts and invoices itemizing many years of mechanical failures way beyond the normal wear and tear. I was very frustrated with the whole experience. My direct contacts with Volvo N.A. And S.D. Dealership did not result in any good. So, since I am still having my S70, I am wondering if my nightmares with Volvo are over yet.

I put the post and I am proud of it. Many people agreed and also shared their frustrations as well.

Now you come to me and say that you are a regular contributor with only 10 posts and 4 of them attacking me and say this is a "good track record" that only led me to believe you are really a child. Just go back read your posts and reflect a bit. You might come to the realization how unreasonable you are. I am glad you are done with this topic as you said. Hopefully from now on we all can have a more constructive discussion on this thread.

And here I go again.
    Grow up!
    Last edited by gugy; 01-05-2006 at 11:12 AM.

Gentlemen:

A little bit of sanity should be in order. We all feel passionate about things that we love or hate. So, yes I do feel passionate about Volvos, for otherwise I would not be on my fourth Volvo, and I can also be passionate about pathetic service that most Volvo dealerships provide to their customers. The point I am trying to make is that we should try to acknowledge the shortcomings of the brand some of us love without geting into a "p*****g match" of my car is better than yours. Those of you who feel offended by his post about Volvo, go to Honda boards and you will see how many people are mad about those cars. There is no perfect car . . . at least not yet . . .and if Plato is correct, there will never be a perfect car out there. Besides, I wouldn't want to drive a car that everyone drives. There is something to the idea that those of us who love Volvos do not follow a herd mentality, to quote Nietzsche. I like the idea that we drive cars whose manufacturer produces a fraction of what Toyota or Honda produce. Trust me on it that those of you who love and drive Volvos should not feel defensive about your cars. Volvo makes lemons and all other manufacturers make lemons. Friend of mine just got rid of his Honda Prelude because he argued that it cost him more to drive than his BMW. Enjoy your Volvos.

Ta-ta, j.
    Last edited by philosophicaldreamer; 01-06-2006 at 06:23 AM.
    Second gen., Nautical Blue XC70Volvo: "Anything else just isn't up to it" and Wife's Volvo S70: "In manual Transmission She Trusts"

Thanks, good post.
    You are right, all cars have shortcomings. Volvo is a nice car in many respects. I enjoyed driving it and felt safe on it. Unfortunately, I could not financially justify all the expenses of keeping one. Some people say that the newer Volvos are better than the first AWD ones. I hope so. Hopefully Volvo listened to so many complaints and improve their cars.
    Cheers

The new Volvos have too much Ford in them, I would never buy a new Volvo, 2000 is probably the latest year I go with

Quote Originally Posted by cossie1600
    The new Volvos have too much Ford in them, I would never buy a new Volvo, 2000 is probably the latest year I go with
    People used to say the same thing about all new genrations of Volvos. The drivers of 140s were skeptical of 240s; the drivers of 240s were skeptical of 740s and 760s; the 740s drivers were skeptical of 850s; 850s were skeptical of 960s and V90, and the history continues to repeat itself with new S80s and V70s. I guess nothing really changes. I am not sure what you mean by "the new Volvos have too much Ford in them." I just cracked my hood open and looking at the parts, it looks like most of them come from Sweden, Germany, Irland, Italy, and France. I believe that transmission is Japanese, but the same is in older Volvos, too.

Ta-ta, j.
    Last edited by philosophicaldreamer; 01-06-2006 at 10:12 PM.
    Second gen., Nautical Blue XC70Volvo: "Anything else just isn't up to it" and Wife's Volvo S70: "In manual Transmission She Trusts"

I am not going to blow 25-30K on a fully loaded new Focus/Mazda 3 (S40). I also dont think its smart to blow 30-40K on a loaded Ford mid-size (s60). Sure the motor might be Volvo's, but a lot of things aren't. As long as Ford owns Volvo, my 98 is going to be my last Volvo (plus I hate the new design, but I do like the C70 hehehe). Ford ruined Mazda's design the same way. They bought Volvo for their safety technology, they will probably rebadge a Volvo and sell 3 times as much as Volvo. (Look at what they did to the Escape/Tribute). What happened to the good ol indepedence days, sad...

Quote Originally Posted by cossie1600
    I am not going to blow 25-30K on a fully loaded new Focus/Mazda 3 (S40). I also dont think its smart to blow 30-40K on a loaded Ford mid-size (s60). Sure the motor might be Volvo's, but a lot of things aren't. As long as Ford owns Volvo, my 98 is going to be my last Volvo (plus I hate the new design, but I do like the C70 hehehe). Ford ruined Mazda's design the same way. They bought Volvo for their safety technology, they will probably rebadge a Volvo and sell 3 times as much as Volvo. (Look at what they did to the Escape/Tribute). What happened to the good ol indepedence days, sad...
    From a historical point of view, your 98 is not the last Volvo. When Volvo was bought by Ford, the second generation of XC70 and V70 as well as S80 were already in production. As much as I would love to see Volvo owned by a European company, the fact is that Ford has saved Volvo. As a small car company Volvo was not in a position of financing R&D without a huge infusion of cash from somewhere else. Besides the days of pure car brands no longer exist because it costs too much for a car company to produce everything. Trust me on it, your 98 is not a pure Volvo; it has a Japanese transmission in it, for instance. Unlike you, I love the new look of Volvo. I have so many people who tell me how distinctive my XC looks. I do also like C70. However, I am one of those who subscribes to the idea that a genuine volvo is always a stationwagon. I am less worried about Volvo. I think that Volvo will survive Ford experience. I am more worried about SAAB that is getting "decimated" by bloody GM. I am hoping that GM will be forced to sell SAAB to Volkswagen or maybe Renault.

Ta-ta, j.

Queens, New York City, United States Of America

Default Volvo's in general

Even though ford ownes volvo, volvo is still making the car, sure that new s40 maybe ford related but so is the X tyle jaguar too. Not all the volvo models are ford. I've got a 00 v70xc, and my dad has a 97 960 wagon, his feels much more heavier than mine and has less features as mine, and less problems lol, 1 thing is for sure mine is more computerized than his, as are the new volvo's more computerized than mine. Times change as do the cars. Sure toyota, honda and nissan design good engines that can go, but there car body is so weak and 1 little crash the car is done and written off no value. I almost died driving a altima in a crash at 20mph. At the end of the day I feel safe and rather be in my xc than some other cars I've driven. see ya

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123