Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Volvo Never Again!

Well, I purchased in 2000 a 1999 Volvo XC70AWD with 25k miles from San Diego Volvo Dealership in Kearny Mesa. The car was demo model that belonged to the dealership manager.
    In the first week we had a minor problem that we had to take the car back to be fixed. That should be a sign for what was coming. I wished I had returned the car then. For the next 4.5 years this car was a story of misery and betrayal by Volvo to a loyal customer.
    This car was my 3 Volvo. My wife had a old station wagon and myself have currently a S70 sedan. We decided to exchange my wife's old wagon for the new cross country. The car at first seems wonderful. After few months problems start and until the last day it never ended. I am not going to itemize the list of problems just because is enormous.
    I just going to say that I spent over $12K in maintenance and repairs for absurd problems that Volvo and SD dealership would not take care of it. My warranty took care of most of the problems in the first years. We drive a lot, so the 50K miles expired after 2.5 years. From that point on major engine and brake problems happened and we always had the car being taken to the SD dealership to bee fixed and we always kept a maintenance schedule on time.
    Brakes is another major problems in the XC70. Every time we took the car it was a major ordeal that would evolve pads and rotors with a major cost over $1500 to fix it. The brakes would not last more than 10k miles without getting to be replaced. ABS computer failure it was also part of our experience with Volvo.Our last major problem was a engine failure that cost us $3.5 to be repaired.
    Some people might say I was unlucky. But after talking to few Volvo owners and with my S70 having same kind of problems it is hard to believe that I am so unlucky. The car is just not able to hold normal wear and tear after the first years.
    What is most depressing is that the Dealership and Volvo could not careless to all the problems I had. Basically they just said that some car had problems and it was normal and I was out of luck in getting any breaks or discounts on fixing the car. So basically the SD dealership acknowledge that the car was bad and did not care.
    I have to say that on the positive side the car drives nice, it's good looking and it's safe. But that's about it.
    One of my happiest days was when I trade that Volvo for an Acura MDX. The joy of seeing the Volvo going away was great.
    I have to say that Volvo is definitely not part of my life anymore and I have no plans to get another one anytime soon. My S70 will be traded soon. So Volvo, bye, bye!

Default Waaaaahhh.

Well you know what gripes me? Some jagoff who registers for a forum for Volvo fans, then pisses and moans and says he's going to by an Acura. Go tell your lemming acura buddies what POSs Volvos are, why dontcha. It just doesn't do one dămned bit of good to do it here. We KNOW what the issues are. That's one of the reasons this forum is here.

Just cry to someone else, whiner.
    Ron

Why do people in ship mutinies always ask for "better treatment"? I'd ask for a pinball machine, because with all that rocking back and forth you'd probably be able to get a lot of free games.
    Volvo n00b in training
    Boldly going where no Volvo has gone before
    Volvo: The safest car to die in...
    About Me & My Design

Go buy the Japanese brand always if you so dislike Volvos. Volvos are actually one of the easiest cars I've worked on. And yes European cars are expensive to fix. Next time consider bringing the Volvo into a indepedent shop which is cheaper than dealers.

Also, complaint it to Volvo Cars of North America instead of coming to volvoxc.com and compainting to true Volvo for life owners.
    [2002 V70 XC] Venetian Red Metallic/Blk Leather*33k+ miles
    -Hands-Free Phone Set, all packages except Nav.
    Turbocharger replaced April/2005 under warranty.

[1991 245] Metallic Blue/Blue Leather*175k+ miles my daily beater.
    [1994 854 GLT] *141K+ miles

Member of Volvo High Mileage Club and the miles keeps ROLLING!!

Quote Originally Posted by gugy
    Well, I purchased in 2000 a 1999 Volvo XC70AWD !
    Hmm? Seems he was in the correct forum for the vehicle he was discussing.
    Ex-C70 owner
    ---------------
    VEXED

Default What? Maintenance?!

I didn't think things were supposed to wear and break. I... I... I just don't know what to say! I'm flabbergasted! Confounded! Shocked and amazed! That being said, my '96 Neon had been twice as reliable as my '98 XC
    98 XC70 150k : 2006 XC90 (In the family)
    83 245DL 172k : 2006 S60 (also not mine)
    95 855 GLT 138k

It's funny how all the Volvo loyalists do not accept other Volvo customers complaints. GROW UP! This forums are to show the good and bad about Volvo cars.

The reason I posted the many problems I had was just to show that the car you guys love so much have many, many flaws. And on top of that the way Volvo North America and the San Diego dealer handle my situation was just unacceptable for the standards they so much brag about. THE PROBLEMS I HAD WERE WAY BEYOND THE NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR!, So I am on my right to post my opinion about it, like it or not.

Hey, I was a very big loyal Volvo customer. Unfortunately the latest 2 cars I owed totally changed my perception about it. That's all and it's not just me, many people had the same complaints. So it's not the case I was so unlucky to have a lemon in my hands.

And REDXC, I did take my cars to be fix on independent shops as well. Even they considered my situation very difficult. Many of them suggested taking to the dealer because the problems were beyond their ability to fix.

And yes, I am very happy about my Acura MDX. I just took to the dealer and regular maintenance costs only $60, against an overpriced Volvo maintenance that could cost as much as $1500. I know European cars cost more to maintain, and I am cool about it, but this was not a regular maintenance wear and tear I had.

I respect all of you who enjoy your Volvos and are problem free, good for you!
    Last edited by gugy; 01-03-2006 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gugy
    It's funny how all the Volvo loyalists do not accept other Volvo customers complaints. GROW UP! This forums are to show the good and bad about Volvo cars.

The reason I posted the many problems I had was just to show that the car you guys love so much have many, many flaws.
    Dude, like I said, that's WHY these forums exist, to share our problems and our fixes. WE KNOW what the problems are. We DISCUSS them here.

You sign up to the forums and your FIRST and only post was that whiny turd above. What's the point? What good did it do? It made you look like an ass, if that's good. As I said, WE ALREADY KNOW what's going on...I'm a freaking newbie here and I know that.

That said, please leave quietly. Your presence will not be missed. Go join an Acura forum.

PS Waaaaahhh.
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by 16Victor
    Dude, like I said, that's WHY these forums exist, to share our problems and our fixes. WE KNOW what the problems are. We DISCUSS them here.

You sign up to the forums and your FIRST and only post was that whiny turd above. What's the point? What good did it do? It made you look like an ass, if that's good. As I said, WE ALREADY KNOW what's going on...I'm a freaking newbie here and I know that.

That said, please leave quietly. Your presence will not be missed. Go join an Acura forum.

PS Waaaaahhh.
    Well. Just to be short and sweet. If you all know the problems, hey you all should not be so mad and pissed about what I am saying. just acknowledge the problems and move on. I guess the truth hurts for some of you.

By the way, I already join the Acura forum. I guess I won't need to go there very often.

I actually have to back the original poster on this one. While we might all drive the same car (or did), but it doesnt mean we all have to like it. I bought my Volvo because I knew how it saved my gf's life. I know that repairs are expensive and they are not as reliable as Japanese car, but I do respect opinions from those who doesnt like it. If I dont like what they say, I simply dont look at the thread or respond to it. There is no need to be pissed at him just because he doesnt agree with you.

I have a Nissan 350Z that is a nightmare too, I trash Nissan every chance I get. All Nissan owners hate me, but so be it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast