Default How cool would that be?

My mother-in-law is due for a new car. Her '95 855 served her well for 10 years and 123K miles and with their position in life, they could really use a new car w/ decent reliability and a good warranty. After the purchase of our XC, she want's one too. They've (in-laws, collectively) have been considering BMW's, Saab's, Volvo's, & maybe Mercedes. They test drove a bar bones '05 9-5 Saab wagon this weekend and "kinda" liked it. XC's are nearly non-existent in our part of the world but we like them. We have a 22 year history of owning Bricks and don't really want to break that chain.
    I'm also trying to convince them to participate in the OSD program. M-in-law always goes to France, it's time for a different European country anyway. They're history is deeply rooted in Norway and I think it would one of the few chances they'd get to be near there.
    What should they know about the OSD program that would convice them to go?
    98 XC70 150k : 2006 XC90 (In the family)
    83 245DL 172k : 2006 S60 (also not mine)
    95 855 GLT 138k

8-10 percent off the MSRP, Two free round trip tickets to Europe, pick the options you want on your car are just a few things to consider to be a plus. The downside is you pay for the car 30 days before delivery (sometimes hard to finance unless you use the dealer finance dept), waiting to get your new car (from time of order to time of pickup and time of dropoff to time of pickup in US).

I would try really hard to get time to do it if they really want a Volvo. It really is the "only" way to buy one (just from my experience )

Good luck

Tom
    2005 XC90 2.5T AWD-Titanium Grey Metallic & Lt. Taupe Leather -OSD July 8, 2005. Premium, Versatility, and Climate Packages, IPD running boards, and XPEL clear bra.

2004 V70 AWD-Nautic Blue & Tan leather-Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, GT, Cold Weather Pkg, Boosters, OSD Oct 2003 - Sold October, 2005. One of a kind color combination.

Visit a dealer and pick up a copy of the OSD DVD. I just bought an XC70 locally, but after watching the DVD I want to buy another Volvo!

Seriously, it is a very compelling presentation.

Buying OSD, you can sometimes add options otherwise only available in packages and options that local dealers do not order on their cars for the USA.
    2010 XC60 3.2AWD; 2004 XC70 OSD both models

Wink EVGuy

I'm sold on the OSD setup. (Doing my 2nd one in June)
    Don't think I'll buy another volvo the traditional way.& I'm sold on Volvos also - may not buy another brand again..........
    EVGuy