Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Smile Mini Meet With John@CdnRockies

Just spent the past couple of days frolicking in the Alberta Rockies and even managed to hook up with John@CdnRockies for half a day in Kananaskis. Shortly after entering the Trans Canada Hwy, we soon discovered that John had departed Calgary and was only two minutes behind us. Talk about impeccable timing. After stopping for lunch at the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis, we headed up to Nakiska for a spy.

Some photos of our impromptu GTG.

The Rigs At Hermitage Road where we hooked up with John@CdnRockies

John’s New WR’s.

The Approach

Steady As She Goes John.

The Cars And a Nakiska Backdrop

Parked at The Lodge At Kananaskis.

Nakiska in Need of Snow.

Adieu John. Thanks for Lunch!

Some Parting Shots as we Left Kananaskis. (Mount Kidd and Ribbon Creek)

Room With a View (Banff Springs Hotel) Wish it was our room.

The Three Sisters

Default Paul from Toronto

Great pics!! looks like wonderful trip..love those mountains..

Thanks for posting, awesome pics! I really hope we can find the time and money to come visit you guys in the Rockies this winter, would love to see you guys on your home turf during ski season

And just because I have a habit of posting my own similar pics... here goes

Similar angle of Nakiska on our way to meet Art a couple years ago... How time flies

Art and I at Nakiska
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Thanks for the comments guys, the scenic drive out is always worth the effort. It was big of John to join us too on such short notice.

Taylor,

Hard to forget the great drives that we did to Nakiska, Louise and Sunshine when you and Tricia were out here in 2003. Those were truly good times.

Winter here should offer some great ski venues for both you and John. Did I mention that he’s just itching to hit the slopes.

Let us know when your heading out this way as you’re more than welcome to stay with us.
    Last edited by Art; 11-06-2005 at 09:09 PM.

Default Mini Meet

Art, Beautiful pictures. Wife and I did it the lazy way two summers ago with Tauck Tours. Calgary,Kannanaskis.Banff,Lake Louise Jasper and back to Calgary on the Icefields highway. Hard to beat the scenery. Just to rub it in, we had a room overlooking Lake Louise.This spring we did an OSD and travelled over the mts. of Norway to the Fjords inour XC 90 2.5T AWD. Another beautiful trip. No pictures. Sorry!

Canada: Calgary Alberta - Panorama Mountain BC - Pender Island BC

Folks, I'm always willing to sacrifice myself when it comes to skiing and having a good time! It was great to see Art & Sai again - definitely a highlight for me.

If anyone wants an intro to our local Calgary area hills just drop me a line. Room and board is no problem as we always have a couple of spare bedrooms ready to accommodate visitors.

John
    '04 XC70 Canadian Premium and Sport packages, Black (425,000 kms)
    '06 XC70 Ocean Race Model, IPD to 240 hp, 18" rims, Deep Blue
    Other rigs: '06 Toyota Avalon, '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee, '23 BMW330e (Plug-In-Hybrid)

Quote Originally Posted by bobigski
    Art, Beautiful pictures. Wife and I did it the lazy way two summers ago with Tauck Tours. Calgary,Kannanaskis.Banff,Lake Louise Jasper and back to Calgary on the Icefields highway. Hard to beat the scenery. Just to rub it in, we had a room overlooking Lake Louise.This spring we did an OSD and travelled over the mts. of Norway to the Fjords inour XC 90 2.5T AWD. Another beautiful trip. No pictures. Sorry!
    Thanks bobigski. I totally agree that the scenery along the Icefield Parkway is quite impressive. Stopping at the Columbia Icefields is a must. Were you able to take a snowcoach and tour the glacier itself? Sounds like your tour company pulled out all the stops as far as accommodations went. The view from The Chateau has got to be top notch.

Perhaps you may recall this shot along the Bow Valley Parkway.

Quote Originally Posted by John@CdnRockies
    Folks, I'm always willing to sacrifice myself when it comes to skiing and having a good time! It was great to see Art & Sai again - definitely a highlight for me.

If anyone wants an intro to our local Calgary area hills just drop me a line. Room and board is no problem as we always have a couple of spare bedrooms ready to accommodate visitors.
    John, you are one hospitable guy! Hard for anyone to resist an offer like that.

As always, we enjoyed your company and look forward to the next meet.

Smile

Art, The tour people did pull out all the stops. Did ride the Snowcoach on the Glacier.Yes the Bow Valley pic looked familiar.The tour did cost an arm and a leg. A once in a lifetime trip. Cant leave everything to the kids. The OSD trip last May to the Fjords and Bergen was just as spectacular and cost less .Idrove the whole 1200 miles in her new XC90.