Default A couple of observations/questions

I have a 2005 XC70 and am gradually trying to solve all of the minor mysteries surrounding the car.

One of the more annoying ones revolves around the Nav system. I have a Bel radar detector (about five years old) and it appears at least one of the frequencies gets jammed if I have the Nav system on while using it (constant alarm). Is this normal? Are there newer radar detectors designed to adapt to the interfence?

The other thing I've been curious about lately is the perforation up by the front map lights that resembles some kind of sensor. I thought it might be a microphone for an optional bluetooth package. Any MY05 owners know what this might be for?

Many thanks in advance (as usual) for the feedback...

Quote Originally Posted by jonk
    I have a 2005 XC70 and am gradually trying to solve all of the minor mysteries surrounding the car.

One of the more annoying ones revolves around the Nav system. I have a Bel radar detector (about five years old) and it appears at least one of the frequencies gets jammed if I have the Nav system on while using it (constant alarm). Is this normal? Are there newer radar detectors designed to adapt to the interfence?

The other thing I've been curious about lately is the perforation up by the front map lights that resembles some kind of sensor. I thought it might be a microphone for an optional bluetooth package. Any MY05 owners know what this might be for?

Many thanks in advance (as usual) for the feedback...
    I have NAV and a Bell radar detector and have no problem with my Bell. There shouldn't be any intereference from NAV.
    I don't know that sensor slot is for.

2005 XC70 Barents Blue & Taupe leather, deliv. 12/04, built 11/04
    Prem / Conv / Climate / DSTC / NAV / 650 / Sirius / 60/40 / 3rd Row / Boosters / Thule / Weathertech mats / Mud Flaps / 46% Tint / Nokian WR SUVs

serviced by Red Bank Volvo, NJ & Volvo Westport, CT
    2001 V70XC~someone else's problem vehicle now
    VolvoClub ofAmerica

Default Perforations

You're right, there's a microphone behind the perforations if the car is equipped with GSM phone. The speaker is then in the driver's similarly perforated headrest.
    2005 Ash Gold, Front/Rear Sonar, GSM, Cargo Grille, Cargo Full Liner, Auto-Levelling, Auto Dimming